The 1997 911 GT1 race car is a classic R/C model in the Tamiya catalog of assembly kits. Originally released as the Le Mans race car replica, this kit recreates the “street legal” car that was released for homologation purposes. This replica returns on the TA03R-S chassis, which is a short wheelbase variant of Tamiya's highly successful and fun TA-03 4WD touring car. The actual car debuted in 1996, and was a “street” car with an extremely strong racing heritage – powered by a 3.1-liter inline-six rear-mid engine generating nearly 600hp, it was said to reach speeds of up to 330km/h. The racecar took second and third in Le Mans in 1996, and went one better with a 1-2 finish in 1998.
• Lightweight and durable polycarbonate.
• Separately molded plastic parts are included to recreate side mirrors and rear wing.
• Includes detail marking stickers, and window masking stickers for use during the painting process.
• The TA03R-S is a special version of the TA03 with the motor in a rear midship position like the engine on the actual car, and a short wheelbase. Different front and rear wheel offsets give the model that quintessentially Porsche wide rear tread.
• Single belt-driven 4WD makes for smooth, efficient power via differential gears in sealed gearboxes.
• Features oil dampers front and rear, with front CVA Super Mini dampers enabling a low stance.
• Includes 540-motor.
• Required Items: 2-Channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.