The new TRF501X was designed from the start with the goal being to challenge for top honours at such world-class race events as the 2007 IFMAR World Championships. Prototypes of this two-belt 4-wheel drive buggy were entered in the JMRCA 1/10 Electric Off-Road & IFMAR Pre-World Championship Race in September 2006 as part of the machine's development program. Despite the finals being cancelled due to rain, the TRF501X produced a strong showing and captured 2nd and 4th positions based on the strength of its qualifying performances. With its great jump stability and nimble handling, the prototypes proved they had lots of potential. Now you can see that potential for yourself, as Tamiya proudly announces the release of the TRF501X production machine.
The advanced TRF501X is a 4WD racing buggy based on the on-road TA05's mid-mounted motor, two-belt drivetrain concept. Tough double-deck construction features 2.5mm upper and lower carbon fibre decks, with the upper deck linking the front, centre, and rear bulkheads for increased strength. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is equipped with aeration type oil dampers, and there are multiple attachment points to allow a wide range of settings combinations. Full ball bearings, a slipper clutch, and universal shafts further ensure excellent performance. The sharp body design and rear wing not only looks stylish, they also work to enhance the car's aerodynamics.
Tough Off-Road Chassis
• Aluminium centre bulkhead features 3 cross members and is linked to the front and rear bulkheads via the upper deck for a high-strength layout.
• A slipper clutch comes standard to help protect the gears from damage. Ball bearing belt tensioners are also installed at 3 locations to prevent belt jumping.
• Newly designed hub carrier does not interfere with the front tires during turn-in, enabling smoother cornering performance.
• Progressive action aeration dampers effectively absorb shocks from both off-road driving and jump landings.
Designed for Saddle Pack Batteries
• The layout of the 2.5mm carbon fibre lower deck is optimized for saddle pack batteries, which help provide better weight distribution and balance. Underbody guard protects the chassis from debris.
Parallel Steering Geometry
• This setup eliminates any discrepancies between the left and right steering angles and provides stable cornering. Aluminium upper arm also features many attachment points for settings customization
Stylish Body with Special Stickers
• In the quest for optimal aerodynamics to attain the best jump and high-speed cornering performance, the body was tested in a wind tunnel. In addition, the special sticker set's design was inspired by TRF Driver Maezumi, so you can make your car look like a works machine.