Tamiya has done it yet again! ...Released another amazingly cool, monstrously huge, and incredibly fun 1/16 RC tank, that is! The latest in their growing stable of massive R/C armour kits is a stunning follow-up to their amazing WWII German Panther G medium tank, doing just like the Germans did and turning it into one of the most potent tank destroyers of WWII, the Jagdpanther ("Hunting Panther"). The Jagdpanther's speed, mobility, firepower, and protection made it one of the most formidable tank destroyers of the war...and another one of the most wanted and anticipated 1/16 armour kits ever.
Like its predecessors in this series, Tamiya's Jagdpanther is loaded with great features. Here's a rundown:
• Full motion control is provided by a DMD T-03 unit -- forward, reverse, normal turns, pivot turns, gun traverse, and barrel elevation and depression.
• MF-01 sound system recreates all of the authentic sounds for the above actions, plus engine start-up sound, running, and shutdown. As with their Tiger I and Tiger II kits, Tamiya digitally recorded a real working Maybach engine in France!
• Firing of the main gun is accompanied by a strobe flash, blast sound, and barrel recoil/hull kickback for the ultimate in realism. Bow machine gun also flashes when firing (also accompanied by sound).
• Duralumin lower hull, die-cast metal drive sprockets, idler wheels, suspension arms, rubber-rimmed road wheels (lots of 'em!), turned aluminium 88mm main gun barrel, and much more.
• Comes with everything you need to make it run, including a 4-channel radio and receiver (check local regulations for frequency restrictions), 7.2V batteries and charger (eight R9/AA/UM3 [1.5V] batteries for radio unit are not included), and all the inner mechanisms required to accomplish the features listed above. All you have to do is build it, paint it, and enjoy running it!
Of course the quality, detail, and accuracy is of typical Tamiya standards: excellent! The plastic parts are flawlessly moulded for realism and ease of build. The plastic link tracks come pre-assembled, requiring only that the final pin be inserted to complete each run around the suspension. Decals are provided for three vehicles. No figures are included. Can be used with Tamiya's optional R/C Tank Battle System (not included).
The bottom line is that this amazing kit is the ultimate in scale armour simulation!