TamTech-Gear is Tamiya's exciting new genre of R/C car; compact-sized off-road buggies. The first release is based on the classic Frog racer, which was one of Tamiya's most popular buggy designs during the heydays of the off-road R/C hobby. Completely new design features factory-assembled 2WD chassis combined with colourfully-styled machines intended to attract new users into the R/C racing hobby.
About the Model
• Compact-sized and ready-to-run 2WD electric R/C off-road buggy
• Overall length: 266mm, Overall width: 183mm, Overall height: 90mm
• Racing-ready chassis features 4-wheel independent suspension
• High efficiency 370 size electric motor, rear wheel drive train and overall lightweight structure provides extended running time of more than 30 minutes with a 7.2V-600mAh Ni-Cd battery
• Newly designed small size ESC, receiver and servo (transmitter uses Expec SP) All 3 radio components are separate units for easy upgradeability.
• Full ball bearings for improved transmission efficiency
• Requires NIMH battery pack and charger
• Polycarbonate body shell features design patterned after Tamiya's historically popular "Frog" racing buggy
Tamiya never stated the scale of the GB-01 chassis or the models using this chassis. So scale is unknown, but calculating wheelbase difference between the models and the 58000-series counterpart gives a good indication that the GB-01 models are 1/14 scale.