The Amarok is Volkswagen's 5m-plus pick-up truck, sold in Europe and South America since 2010; it also served as the official car of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games. Powered by a thumping, rear-mounted diesel engine, the Amarok also features a ladder frame section under the cargo bed that makes it an excellent working vehicle as well as a leisure option. This R/C model assembly kit recreates a custom lifted version of the Amarok, with the 4-door double-cabin model impressively depicted in durable polycarbonate. Marking stickers are included to decorate the model.
The Slimline Off-Road WT-01N Chassis
The WT-01N chassis features a narrower tread than the standard WT-01, allowing more realistic wheel location in depicting the Amarok. Based around a tough polycarbonate monocoque, the slimline WT-01N features central battery pack and motor positions, with the steering servo right along the centerline. Its 4-wheel double wishbone suspension operates with single link upper and H-shaped lower arms both front and rear, while big 123mm-diameter tires provide awesome grip for dynamic off-road performance. The sealed gearbox with internal gear differential unit comes pre-assembled for your convenience, and can be removed from the model for maintenance, without the need to disassemble the chassis.
• Amarok body is made of Polycarbonate.
• The model runs on an updated, narrow version of the WT-01 chassis. It features a 281mm wheelbase and 192mm front & rear tread.
• The monocoque chassis unit provides sure-footed handling and easy access to the gearbox for maintenance.
• 2WD drive-train
• 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is fitted with 123mm diameter/59mm width tires for excellent traction.
• Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (capable of running brushed and brushless motors)
• Includes 540 motor.
• Requires 2-channel radio, 7.2 volt battery & charger, and Tamiya PS polycarbonate paint