This model recreates the classic Toyota Hilux in the form of a new polycarbonate body mounted on the reliable and fun CC-01 cross country chassis. The kit depicts the 8th generation of the Hilux vehicle, released back in 2015, specifically a special full-size version of the Extra Cab which Toyota’s British division had made in the colours of Tamiya’s legendary Bruiser as a tribute to our model. It also appeared in some high-profile PR activities in Great Britain.
Excellent ground-hugging, long-stroke suspension system consists of front double wishbone and rear 4-link rigid setups and is equipped with 4 oil dampers. Highly reliable and efficient full-time 4WD system features a front-mounted motor, which transmits power to the front wheels via the gearbox and to the rear wheels via the propeller shaft with universal joints. Front and rear differentials enable smooth cornering. For even greater off-road performance on rough terrain, the rear differential may be locked during assembly. Realistic block-pattern tires are mounted on metal-plated wheels.
• The rugged Hilux Extra Cab form is depicted in lightweight and durable polycarbonate, with separate metal- plated side mirror and light case parts.
• Includes 2 each of white (headlight) and red (taillight) 5mm-diameter LEDs and the LED Light Unit. Note: The model light cases can be fitted with up to 6 LEDs front and rear.
• Metal-plated wheels are paired with realistic tires featuring authentic block tread pattern.
• CC-01 chassis features a full-time 4WD system and front double wishbone, rear 4-link rigid suspension equipped with 4 CVA oil dampers.
• 267mm wheelbase.
• An expansive range of option parts is available to customize the CC-01 chassis.
• Includes 540-Type Brushed motor.
• Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
4-link rigid axle
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.