Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #123

Hi all,

Does someone know if the Super Champ and the Rough Rider/Buggy Champ shares the same driver and lights? I'm currently restoring a 58034 Super Champ but is missing these parts and it seems alot easier to buy the 2009 Buggy Champ B-parts three than trying to find the original Super Champ parts.

-Morten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #125

yeah they are.

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #126

also, you might like to try the one use on the FROG. you'd need to glue in a 3mm nut inside it. the frog uses tapping screw instead of metric screws.(super Champ uses metric nuts & bolt to secure it to the chassis).

Alan

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #127

OK, but isn't the lights used on the Frog the same as Grasshopper and Hornet? Splitted on the middle horizontal and slightly bigger than the ones on SC and RR?

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #133

i Got both Super Champ & the Frog, the size look the same. If you can't get the buggy champ's light pod, then that is your alternative.

Alan

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #136

mor10retro wrote:

OK, but isn't the lights used on the Frog the same as Grasshopper and Hornet? Splitted on the middle horizontal and slightly bigger than the ones on SC and RR?

You are right, Morten, the Frog/Grasshopper ones are split horisontally, and are not the same as the Super Champ ones are split "vertivally" in one front piece and one back peace. The shape is also different.

I have used repro ones from www.rcgrabbag.com but you can now just as well use the Buggy Champ B-tree ( manual here ) as they seem to be the correct ones for your super Champ.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #170

Ok, I'll buy a Buggy Champ B-three then. But what about the driver?

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #175

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the drivers are a bit different, though the heads are the same.

I think the shape is different and the notches on the underside are in different locations. Take a look at the manuals and I think you'll see what I mean.

Re: 58034: Super Champ driver and lights 13 years 6 months ago #182

kunihiko wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the drivers are a bit different, though the heads are the same.

I think the shape is different and the notches on the underside are in different locations. Take a look at the manuals and I think you'll see what I mean.

i agree, the shape of the plate seems to be different, but the head is the same.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds