Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69235

HelloI have lost the ability to go into reverse....Does anyone have any expertise with Sanwa MX-6 radio?
I have run into a compatibility issue with my Tamiya ESCs (both TBLE 02 and 04 ) I can reverse using the MX-6 with different ESC, and using the Tamiya ESCs with a different radio...Any ideas?
Any way to factory reset the radio transmitter?Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69236

I would rather check the ESC settings before resetting the transmitter, as the reverse can be deactivated on the ESC itself...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69237

Thanks. I’ve checked that.
As I said, the Esc will run in reverse with my other radio. 

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69238

Ok, did read too fast :)
For the Sanwa TX, I can't help...
Except for one thing, when you did put the Sanwa RX with the TBLE0xS, did you calibrate ESC with the radio : if you don't, it would still work as per the indication given during its initial calibration.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69239

I searched a PDF of the manual for "default", "restore", "factory" & "reset" & got no joy, TBH I'm not going to read the whole thing as it's not a TX I'm ever going to use (I just can't get on with steerwheels :( ).

I'd look for settings like end point adjustment, servo reverse, 70/30 split etc, and a cursory look at the manual showed ABS & exponential throttle settings - any one of those could have been changed accidentally & be messing things up.

Your workaround - not using those ESCs on that TX - may be as good as it gets. I had a boat with a TX/ESC combination that developed an issue where 2 times out of three (or more), it would go to full throttle a few seconds after turning the RX on, the "fix" was to turn it off & back on again until it behaved. Months even years later, I found that some inadvertent Vulcan nerve grippery had switched it from mode 1 to 2, possibly the other way round, but switching it back cured it ... I'm wondering if your TX has a flight mode (you don't tend to reverse a plane motor in flight ;) ) or a race mode, disabling reverse...

I can see why you want to do a factory reset :D   I've got nothing other than poking around in all the settings ...

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69240

As mentioned, some others ESC work differently than others: most just need to start with the remote in neutral, and they would be fine (I have some Hobbywing and others cheap ESX which are working exactly this way in terms of calibration).

The TBLE02S (and I assume it is the same with the TBLE04S) requires to register end points (full throttle position max and min) and neutral to work properly. And the instruction document says it is require to register again when changing the radio (as matter of fact, the signal sent by a TX/RX combination is not the same in frequency than another TX/RX): if the range of freqency by the RX/TX combination differs from the one you have set the ESC with initially, that would lead exactly to the issue you describe (or possibly only reverse, or reduced range of speeds in both reverse and forward).

I would then reset the TBLE0xS with the TX/RX combination, and see if it is different...

Hope it helps.

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69241

Thanks for your suggestions.  The bizarre thing is that the radio will work for other ESC to get forward & reverse, so it seems a specific issue when talking to the TBLEs
I have tried setting the end points again, but the behaviour is increasingly bizarre -
Now sometimes it will start the motor running, and then not switch off when i release the trigger (i have tried re-setting the 'fail safe mode' and it doesnt fix this)
Sometimes it acts in a strange way where i only get limited throttle the first time i pull the trigger, then repeated pulls add more power....
Perhaps the transmitter is actually faulty.  was a second-had ebay purchase a while ago so no warranty unfortunately.
I'm frustrated because i have three receivers for it, and i'm aware from elsewhere that they aren't compatible with any other handsets.... 

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69242

Now, there is a connection with an issue I figured out with my son's Lunchbox when I set it with his Traxxas rx... 

Check the rx : some have 2 channel 1/ steering port. If the case, make sure you actually plug the esc on channel 2/throttle...
Searched for an afternoon why I was not able to set end points on the Tble-02s, to conclude at the end that everything is fine,  but I should have paid attention to the 2 channel 1 ports... 

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69243

thanks, the plug is definitely going in the throttle socket.
I think its the handset that is playing up - i'm getting reverse intermittently now with various different ESC

question is now, do i get a new handset to match the receivers i have , and hope it fixes the problem.....or start again with a different system?
Would be interested in an upgrade, but not to the top of the range

Best radio gear for buggy bashing and casual racing?

Sanwa Mx-6 no reverse with TBLE 02 /04 2 years 6 months ago #69244

On my side, I got a Flysky GT5 as TX which can go up to 20 memories with cheap RX (FS-A3, 3 channels)... It works perfectly, and It did not cost me much. I opted for this one as it was easily available, but I could have gone for the GT3B which is even less expensive with older radio protocol, and with 10 memories only (I would be in situation to buy another TX if I had chosen that one)...
Now, I don't have clue about your expectations... Mine were pretty low as I was restarting R/C, and when I was last touching a TX before, it was in 1986, so far long ago... So beside just sharing i'm happy with my remote, no advise at all :-D

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds