Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21442

Picked this up today from ebay locally, guy had it from his childhood and found it again a few months ago he has done a light resto on it painted the body and fitted some not so good repro decals i think. The body is completely undamaged and he has put new chrome parts on it before deciding to sell it :huh: it has the chevy grill and tail gate which looks cool he also replaced the shock springs as they had gone a little rusty and let the car down :y: The truck has the strangest four wheel steering set up i have ever seen :silly:

I have never had one of these before the chassis is almost as new i have found one damaged part an anti rotational bracket thingy was cracked slightly which badword me off a little as one was metal and one was plastic for some strange reason? but when i opened the bag of bits he gave me with it i found another metal one in the bag :cheer:

He has fitted LED spotlights on the front bumpers and has also given me a set of LED's that he said is for brake lights and headlights he purchased but never got around to fitting. Even the tyres are excellent just needs a little clean and ill ballrace it im thinking of updating the esc and fitting a 2.4 ghz receiver. I have found a power switch on the side with a power/economy setting on it? not sure what this is or how it works? any advice appreciated will it work with a modern esc and if so whats the best (cheapest) way of converting it over? not sure if i overpaid for this £130.00?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21449

130 GBP isn't too bad, considering the way prices have gone lately :whistle:

"Power" mode has the two motors in parallel - it's the faster option but sucks the life out of batteries really quickly, especially with an MSC. "Economy" runs them in series, so twice the battery life but half the speed :(

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21450

I wasnt that fussed on them before but now i have one they are awesome didnt realise they where so massive :laugh:

Can i run a modern esc and still keep the power economy switch? and is it worth upgrading the motors or will it not be any faster?

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21451

:y: looks fine

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21456

If I had one of those, I'd want independant front and rear steering like 1:1 monster trucks. How easy would that be to implement?

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21503

Not sure Martin but i have had this running tonight and the original set up seems to perform very well turns in a good circle and handles well for such a massive lump. I have found one missing part if anyone has a spare C9 part its part of the original battery door cover whatjamecallit thingymajib :unsure: see the pic below i think the bullhead had the same thing so please check your spare parts i have a fine reward for anyone who manages to locate one for me.

Attachments:

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21509

Great find! :y:

If you want it to remain original and a runner.... I would suggest looking for the reinforcing bits and pieces on the bay. The Super Clod Buster had some Pressed Parts that protected the chassis. Also there was a Metal servo tray that was way better (after market), and a ton of 4-link stuff. Sky's the limit with the Clod :evil:

Check out "www.crawfordper...ering.com/" tons of cool stuff and ideas!

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21527

:blink:
My Clod had never any break
heavy duty car. Same in compétitions and worse: kid plays :evil:

Clod Buster 11 years 1 week ago #21533

If I had one of those, I'd want independant front and rear steering like 1:1 monster trucks. How easy would that be to implement?

You can use axle mounted servos and a programmable 3 channel radio with a 3 position switch on ch3. A lot of higher end radios or a hacked GT3B can do it.

Clod Buster 10 years 10 months ago #22860

Started stripping this down tonight as i want to rebuild it completely considering the body was in such good condition the chassis was awful :sick: a mixture of attic dust and grease it looks like the previous owners resto never went further than the body. its was pretty grim stripping it down but luckily its mostly ok with just two damaged parts. the first is a large balljoint that some numpty has over tightened and stripped the thread off (see pic its the larger of the two ball joints i need) if anyone has one id be happy to purchase it off you. also i noticed on the power economy switch one of the pins has pulled out of the back? i was wondering if this could be repaired or do i need to buy a new one off the feebay?

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds