Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26482

HI!... So I bought a Tamiya Top Force off of KIJIJI last week. In the pics it looked very good. Was told it was built new and never run. Always been a shelf queen. So I bought it for $250 including shipping. So 1st thing was, that I told the guy that I was a avid Tamiya collector and that he needs to make sure the car is packaged up securely. He guaranteed me it would be. Stupid guy just threw it in a box and put 6 plastic grocery bags in with it!!!! Idiot! So I take it out tonight and now I'm pissed! This thing is a pile of crap. All the tires are dry rotted and he tried to C/A glue them back together but made a mess. There's C/A glue on the fiber lower deck. The front gear box is broken in two places and missing pieces. The rear gear box looks like it was filled with grey toothpaste. The body was cut out poorly. It has the wrong shocks on it. It's covered in dirt and was obviously driven outside. Plus there's scratches all over it. The guy only lives 3 hours away from me. I'm so tempted right now to drive there and (not suitable for young members) with the car. It's a POS. Not worth $75 IMO. Rant off........ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: Not suitable for young members

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26483

sorry to hear this. The guy was dishonest, and that sucks!! I would complain and get him to give you a refund or a partial refund....this might be wishful thinking but it's worth a try.

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26484

HI!... I just send him a nice e-mail.... :angry:

BTW check your e-mail, just sent you a message as well. :lol:

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26486

I'm sorry to hear this, bad deal.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26494

HI!... So here's some pics.

Wrong shocks :

Dry rotted and split tires that someone tried to C/A glue back together :

C/A glue all over the lower deck. I bet somebody tried to glue the ESC on. :whistle:

Rear gearbox has a crack that someone tried to repair with C/A :

Front gear box is are cracked and missing two huge pieces on the bottom where the front bumper support bolts to :

The bottom is all scratches up :

Rest of car :

The seller replied to me today with a long winded message. Telling me that he does not understand why I'm upset. It's in perfect shape and worth much more than I paid for it. lol! I wouldn't of paid $75 for this. Priced out parts tonight. Will cost about $150 to restore it to shelf queen status.

Here his his e-mail :

***** What are you talking about Neal?

The car is exactly what you saw in the Picture, and there were no issues with it! The car has sat for years, which in your previous emails, you expressed that was not an issue, you were making it a shelf queen.
Johns Photo Hobby looked at the car a year ago, I asked Roger if I should do anything to it, he said grease it, so I did.

I am not sure what the main problem is here, other than I have been given attitude for weeks over crap!

There were bids on kijiji for sometime now, for over 200, though; I did t trust PayPal, and other payment arrangements.

That car is in mint shape, and you know it!

I explained that I did not know why the front right hub was squeaking, and I have no clue what it was. The car is worth a lot to a collector, though, I only was trying to get what I paid for it, nothing more.

I was trying to help you out Neal, take your problems out on so
Some else!

I have never "taken" anyone on a car, and have sold lots, and never in THAT prestige condition, and they were happy with the purchase.

I don't think that it's fair how you treat people Neal, you should get some help for that

Why are trying to make me feel bad for no reason, and if there were issues with the car when it got to you, you should have arranged insurance on the shipping, that I would have done for you.

There was nothing wrong with the car Neal, plain and simple.*****

This is the e-mail I just sent back to him. Rated "R" LOL!

*****HI!... You are so full of crap it's not even funny. This car has so many issues with it! I saw the pics you have on KIJIJI, not very clear ones at that. Also you had full electronics in the car in the pics, so obviously those pics were not of the cars current condition. The ESC was hiding the C/A glue all over the lower deck. All the C/A glued dry rot tire repairs are on the back of the rims so you can't see them in the pics. The front gearbox is broken and has two huge chunks of it totally missing! There's dirt and grime stuck in all the crevices. The rear gearbox is caked in grease. Who ever told you to grease the badword out of the gearboxes is a badword idiot. Fastest way to burnout out a motor and fry a ESC. Me giving you attitude? You took forever to do anything. Have you never shipped anything anywhere before? What are you 12? Every transaction I have ever done, the seller is paid within a hour. You took over a week to make a deal on this car which I wish I would of never made. Also I asked you specifically to make sure it was packed up correctly. Throwing it in a empty box and tossing in a few grocery bags is not packing it up correctly! The top of the box wasn't even pulled tight before you taped it, I could see right into it through the tape. Do everyone a favour and stay away from the RC hobby all together, it's obviously not for you. I have over 82 cars in my RC collection and it's worth more than $60,000. I also work on, repair, custom build and restore RC vehicles on the side. I would be ashamed to sell this to someone. It's o.k, I learned my lesson, a $230 lesson. Quoted parts for the car last night and it's going to cost me another $150 to get this TOP FORCE back up to shelf queen quality. badword ridiculous!!! I'm on 9 RC related forums, each one of those has their own "Beware of seller" thread. Yours just got added to the list. Good luck selling more of your junk........... Pics below are of your "PERFECT" condition car.*****

Here's his KIJIJI ad :

ontario.kijiji....Z518055972

Here's the pics from his ad :

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: badwords

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26495

The link does not show the ad in full,did he state that the electronics would be removed?
How did you pay,paypal? Surely you could put a claim in against him? Very annoying these sellers who basically tell a pack lies,i bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee (full size)this summer off ebay unseen and had it shipped over to me and the things the seller omitted to mention on the add cost me hundreds to put right and this fella had 100% feedback.Guess you can't win em all!

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26496

HI!... I told him I didn't want the electronics due to they were not period correct. I was hoping to get the car cheaper that way, but he stated that the electronics were not included. The car looks pretty good in his pics till you see it in person. I'm going to have to do a TOTAL tear down, inspection and restoration on this. If I knew it was in this condition I would of never of bought it for that price. I could of built one from new parts bags for $230. :laugh: I had a buddy order me a new front bumper and rear diff cases. Just got to get a entirely new front diff case and source out the stock shocks. TBG has a repo body/wing and decals seem easy to come by. Going to need 4 new tires as well. The rims look brand new so that's one good thing. :whistle:

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26498

HI!... Ah this fool won't give up. Now apparently he DID tell me about all the issues with the car. lol! I went through all my messages and the only thing he mentions is a squeaky front wheel and the body had not been painted. Now he says he's a big time RC collector and he's going to talk to all the collectors in the area to blackball me. :laugh: Lol! I'm one of the biggest collectors in my area. What a idiot. I told him to post pics of his collection. I guarantee my collection will put his to shame. He just won't give up. In his head that TOP FORCE was in perfect condition and shelf queen worthy. If that's what he thinks is perfect, I'd hate top see his unperfect cars. :whistle:

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26508

Seeing his original pictures wouldnt have paid more then the 75 you mentioned, wrong dampers two different sets of them, worn ofg tires and fuzy pics, defenitly a runner with those electronics, missing screws on the pic of the underside.

But hey, when he means it is in such a great shape it shouldnt be a problem to take it back, refund you and sell it to the next enthousiast.

best wishes to all.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Top Force (P-O-S!!!!) 10 years 5 months ago #26519

Put something nasty that smells in a box and send it back to him. Douchebags like this spoil the hobby

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.