Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27248

Picked up my birthday present today looking forward to the build :) decided on the Pajero in the end the RC10 was nice but i dont have many memories of it to be honest and its not one of the cars i always lusted after either so i decided this was more up my street.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27250

Well hurry up and start building. ;)

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27251

Going to take my time building this one up especially on the paint job :)

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27252

When I see them in the box like that it really makes me feel like a kid when I opened my first Tamiya R/C, a moment every kid should experience :)
It looks great, you make me want one also. Make sure you take plenty of photo's of your build stages, I am very interested.

Re:Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27253

Goin box art or something cooler?

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27254

Probably box art like i always do im not fantastic at painting but i really do want to keep the two tone look on the box looks like ill be digging out the masking tape :pinch:

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27258

Probably box art like i always do im not fantastic at painting but i really do want to keep the two tone look on the box looks like ill be digging out the masking tape :pinch:

It's a piece of whizz - spray the silver first, then mask that & spray the top half. Tamiya 6mm tape is the best for edges. The rest is all fine brush work.

Other tips:
- lock the rear diff when you build it, otherwise it'll get stranded on the most pathetic of obstacles;
- make sure you fit the rear axle the right way up ... fitting it upside down makes for brilliant donuts, but not much else;
- the stock silvercan motor is far too fast for something that top heavy, I'd stick a 20 GBP 45T or 55T motor in there;
- boxart colour is in fact blue (but it looks black to me, and it looks better in black IMO);
- buy the bearings before you need them, some of them are freaky sizes & an LHS might not have them

:)

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 4 months ago #27259

Thanks Jon i was hoping you would give me some pointers i might pick your brains when i get to the painting stages. Would you use a primer first then silver then the main colour?

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27301

;) Avery nice CC01. Like the wrangler One of my rebuilding dream. You can put some lights too in the 4 headlights. :y:

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27302

sold her :blush:

had loads of alloy hop-ups, steering, motormount, rear suspension 4-link, ballbearings and a soundmodul

:cry:

Last edit: by waterbok.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.