Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73475

I discovered this site recently while following Richard's Barnstyle Garage on SBG (I see he's on here as well - Hello @caprinut ). During my fall down a deep hole of 1/100 scale mini boxes, and then a deeper hole of 1/32 Jr. kits, and then another hole for vintage motors, then a WTH let's order up some 1/10 kits to really relive my childhood - I found this unbelievable resource to guide me along the way!

So over the last week or so I found myself sourcing and buying:
* 30 of the 1/100 mini Tamiya boxes for a future scale diorama of some kind . . .
* 5 Tamiya 1/10 kits (already had a 2021 Bronco waiting to be built up like my 1:1). . .
* 3 vintage 540 motors and 6 current upgrade motors for the kits . . .
* A (backordered) programmable radio and enough (backordered) receivers and servos for all . . .
* I just hit the Buy it Now for my 20th 1/32 mini and working on #21 . . . (Edited because I found more - I think I just need the Boomerang to complete what I want)

So yeah, I figure this is the best place to continue to learn, share the goodies, and not be judged for a reignited passion I can't quite explain at the age of 48, lol.

I was 12 in 1986 and slobbered at the glass counters of the couple hobby stores I had access to. Saved up my paper route money and poured over all the magazines to finally buy myself a Blackfoot! And so it began, and now I find myself here with a 2016 reissue Blackfoot, and several other kits on the way - exciting!

I could kick myself because there was a period in the mid 2000's where I was buying mini stuff for my nephews and of course myself to mess with, to maybe get them into the hobby. Now I see what they go for! Yikes, I wish I kept them. I had three of the 2006 issue Mini GB-01s and three of the mini Losi LST's - all sold within a year or two of purchase because they quickly grew out of them. Then we had a trio or four of the Nitro Losi LST XXL's - still have those in the garage actually. 

I kind of already stepped back in to the hobby after getting a 1971 FJ40 a couple years ago, when I discovered RC4WD kits, and of course I'm building a tribute model in 1/10 and 1/18. Also during an 18 month wait for my Bronco and ever since, since delivery, I have been buying up whatever I liked in the way of scale RC Broncos: Axial 1/24, Traxxas TRX-4M 1/18, Traxxas TRX-4 1/10 and of course the Tamiya 58705. The Tamiya kits bring me the most joy and good memories, so I expanded my interest to other models. 

Totally excited to be here, appreciate all the great info, and thanks for reading if you made it this far. I look forward to poking around more and contributing, now that I'm putting my wallet away for a bit to soak it all in and wait for all the packages to arrive! I sure hope the preorder and backordered stuff becomes available in the the next month. Oh, and if anyone has any more info on the unreleased 58715 Land Cruiser 40 on the CC-02 chassis, do tell! It will save me the trouble of buying an older and more expensive CC-01 variant and look great next to the 58705 Bronco, for sure.

IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: Found more Minis and updated qty.

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73478

Welcome on board :y: B) Great story - we all like to see pictures BTW :) 

58715 was announced mid December, my guess is it's official (Japanese) release date willbe several months (on the close order of 5?) after, with the US getting a good allocation from the 1st batch a few weeks after that.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73479

Welcome aboard from NH! Like Jonny said, we LOVE pics!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73480

Welcome from France. Nice story. 
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73481

Thanks for the insight on 58715, and here's a pic until more kits arrive.

The FJ40 is a work in progress, and I have to figure out how to add pics in the body and not as attachments.

Edit: Read up on posting pics:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73483

Nice. I can't wait to see your 2021 bronco. 

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73485

Nice. I can't wait to see your 2021 bronco. 

It's gonna be a looooong Winter, waiting for Spring temps to get all the painting I need done. Good thing I have a bunch of Lego kits to build!

Prime has been built since this pic was taken:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73489

Oh nice ! I never saw optimus in lego. That's crazy.  I love lego to...

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73490

Oh nice ! I never saw optimus in lego. That's crazy.  I love lego to...

Yeah, he transforms, too!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hello from South Jersey (The end with the good beaches!) 1 year 4 months ago #73492

Noooo! I'm fan.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.