Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 3 weeks ago #76511

• Raywode
  • Raywode's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I’m not a new member but have been gone for some time and would like to make an update. I originally joined this great forum in 2018 when I purchased a nice modified RTR Fox on eBay.com, my first RC car of any kind since childhood. I had great fun with it but then COVID struck, shutting down for over a year nearly all the public parks near me in the Seattle area. I also suffered a serious illness lasting several months from which I happily made a full recovery. I retired from Boeing in 2021; my wife and I decided to explore options outside the US for retirement. We visited Turkey, specifically the seaside city of Alanya. We fell in love with the country, the nice people and reasonable cost of living. We moved here (along with our three cats) a year ago and all are of us are thriving. I sold the Fox to a friend before emigrating; he is still enjoying it. Meanwhile, I have missed owning a Tamiya and decided to rectify that. Today, I bought this from a very nice German man; search for "Tamiya Porsche 911 996 RC-Car 1:10 RTR 60km/h Drift M04-L TT TA" on ebay.de for description. (I was unable to post photos or a link; forgotten how.) Something completely different from the Fox but it should be much fun. The 911 has always been one of my favorite cars though I’ve not owned one; this is probably as close as I’ll get to the 1/1 version. I’ll now consult the forum for info on my purchase.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Raywode.

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 3 weeks ago #76513

Re welcome on board. The m04 is a nice mchassis. With long wheelebase.

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 3 weeks ago #76515

• Raywode
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Thanks so much. I didn’t realize this dated back to 2000. I saw the original analog stuff was updated. It looks immaculate and hardly used; I think I got a nice deal. And it has the original box with the great Tamiya artwork, a nice bonus. It’s great to be back.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 3 weeks ago #76524

Welcome back!

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 3 weeks ago #76527

• Raywode
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Thanks!

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 2 weeks ago #76591

Welcome back . 

Greetings from Turkey 7 months 2 weeks ago #76592

• Raywode
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Good to be here again on the best RC forum there is.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.