Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Uncle's Garage 3 years 5 months ago #62648

... sort of, I should add.
I don't keep my Tamiya collection in a separate room as I also have related hobbies such as older arcadegame hardwares, which really take up most of my space around me, and in storage spaces. My motorcycles are currently limited to only 4, and they are as one can suspect outside, in a real garage, and a storage space, though the fourth (Honda XL500) is in my livingroom, disassembled and re-painted. Anyway I think of it as just one of my Tamiya builds, only difference is that the motor weighs quite a bit more than a silver-can.

Here's my M-series / chopper shelf. With most space taken by helicopters, radio gear and spares, one shelf houses four of Tamiya's M-chassis. The M-series is not my favorite turn in this hobby, but to be able to drive the Miata and the Savanna I had no choice but to get myself a few M's.

Le me show you what I've done with my MF-01X chassi here. I've used 1:10 (52mm) wheels, which thanks to lower profile tires still works with this body and chassi. Yes, I will paint it ... later.

This completely RC-dedicated shelf is a mix of cars and brands. Mostly TT01 and TT02 with touring / rally shells, but also a couple of CC01 and an occasional DF01, and an awesome 1:8 TGX at the top. In the mix we also find the Mercedes lorry, and Axial's Trophy Truck together with a modified MST CMX to serve one of Tamiya's most beautiful ABS shells; the YJ Wrangler. The e-scooter in the back is not Tamiya.

So what about boxes? I've got some! I can't keep all the boxes, but in any case I cut out any beautiful artwork to store in a 2-dimensional space, which leaves me with the most useful ones, (note!) not with the prettiest ones. Furtherhmore this shelf contains my two 1:10 glow engine cars together with loads of various 1:10-shells. And there are some old Star Wars toys here as well. And yes, it's a typ 520 motorcycle chain hanging on the left, it's been cleaned and lubed! Oh and that labyrinth game I found in the trash while throwing out some, I just couldn't leave it !?

Now you may think "what the badword!", but there's actually a stream of RC, both Tamiya and Kyosho, running through this jungle of customized integrated systems for games, incidently all from Japan! If you're not wondering about the TV, I'd like to remind you that it's *not* for watching television, but for my Golden Tee Golf game only!

So what's next ? Some Tamiyas mixed with various power-supplies, gameboards and cartridges, I also store a great part of my wheel-shop here, so what better place to also store the rear wheel of a 1981 Honda XL500! That Toyota Celica is hiding a DF-03 Ra chassi. Oh, and if you're wondering in what brutal way I've bastardized the Konghead body; it's my Raumschiff Krieger-wagen, inspired by the 1982 arcade game Moon Patrol.

So to end the display-spree of my showroom, let's have a look at my wheels collection, complementing my car collection. Rims and rubber, you can't have enough of that, can you. I mean, tell your wife she's got too many shoes.. , and wear a hemlet while doing that because you'll start a war.

What can I say, I surround myself with the stuff I love and hopefully sometimes get to enjoy. This way I have optimal distance to it when feeling the need. Keeping stuff close saves time so in a sense I try to collect *time* as well, because time is really all we get in life.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Uncle's Garage 3 years 5 months ago #62668

Lovely collection with a varitey :y:

And I really dig those Nascar style wheel and tires on your RX7 :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: uncletom

Uncle's Garage 3 years 5 months ago #62671

Thanks, Capri! Yes, aren't those wheels just perfect for the RX7!
They are: "Traxxas 7378 Goodyear 1.9" Wrangler Slick Tire"

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.