The Dylan Project: My old Grasshopper rebuild 10 years 8 months ago #24305

:) Very pretty grass.
It change of the shelf queen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Dylan Project: My old Grasshopper rebuild 10 years 8 months ago #24318

Impressive Hopper. B) :y:

The Dylan Project: My old Grasshopper rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24415

Thanks for the comments. It was great to see my nephew get all excited when he got this. My brother had to put it on his dresser so he could see it all the time. We ran it for over an hour on the first day. Glad to know that Grasshopper is in a good home. Now I have to get a car for my brother working so he can play with Dylan. Looks like another project is in the works. Now I just need to find a solid car next month. Maybe a Lunchie or a Pumpkin next after seeing Johnny's pair. Hmmmm... Another indestructible Tamiya would be good.

Shawn
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

The Dylan Project: My old Grasshopper rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24422

I don't think anyone ever regretted buying a lunchbox or pumpkin :y:

They're not indestructible though:

- bodies can get tatty: TBH you either have to laugh about crashes or not drive one at all;
- body posts are vulnerable: once one breaks, replace it because it makes the others even more vulnerable; alloy mounts are available for the lunchbox;
- front wheels can break around the bearing holders;
- rear hubs can break up due to wheel nuts being overtightened (so change the wheelnuts after every few removals/refittings)
- left rear wheelnut comes undone, sometimes you'll lose the nut, wheel, hub & pin, sometimes it loosens just enough for the pin to drop out, loosing drive (again, not if you replace the nut after a few uses)

:)

The Dylan Project: My old Grasshopper rebuild 10 years 7 months ago #24477

I have noticed that these are the typical LB/MP problems. Didn't know about the nut loosening up though. The body issue is no biggie as I don't need perfect bodies as I like the scars and stuff from playing with them. I could always slap on a lexan shell anyway for bashing. I personally never had a problem with the wheels and I ran a set on a Blackfoot for a while for fun runs which were way more brutal than on a track. But still, LB's and MP's are so cool. Thanks for the info. I'm looking at finding one at the end of the year. Still have to get my other projects done. Have most everything for my Froggy project. :) My Yokomos are the others to get done. B)
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.