Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40443

Traditionally, Porsche stood at a second tier for Sport cars, but before that they were even less sportyer , for example the 356 Roadster Typ1 had just 50HP, the speedster had 90hp, heck, even the 550 winner on Le Mans on its category had only 110HP, the trick was minimum weight. This weirdly conjugates with RC. I propose to make a RC Porsche 550 based on Tamiya's chassis for VW Beetle, based on Mabuchi 260 motor, and carbon/aluminum hop ups for minimum weight Consumption of such a car could be minimum allowing endurance races to be made.

Float or sinks?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40446

Have you found a Porsche 550 body in 1/10 scale?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40448

Have you found a Porsche 550 body in 1/10 scale?

Yep, but no, I found a valid base in a weird tin based 1:10 toy scale model, it won't stand an iota in level of detail, but for making lexan bodies can do the trick, the bad news, it's 180€ a pop, plus shipping it could be 240$ to ship to the states. the other bit: Vw Beetle was 94.75" wheelbase, porsche is a solid 82" so the model has to be heavily modded , or rather the chassis has to be shortened (not bad, less weight I suppose) dunno if all the bits could fit in a 8"5 chassis... but oh well... more fun...

Then we need to know how we can mount a 260 Mabuchi in place of a 540, I dunno if the adapter to fit a 540 in a Grasshopper can be reversed or if it can accept a 260... Or we can compromise and use a 380...

Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40459

It sounds like the costs and complexity would sink a project like this. Could be cool to do a one-off, but a racing series does not seem likely.
Why prefer the 260 instead of the 380? 380 must me much more available?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re:Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40465

The QDs run a 280 motor, not sure if tamiya did any porches on that chassis ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: Dash_Crash

Re:Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 8 months ago #40466

:) why don't use a M02 with a frp central chassis like I did some monthes ago and you can have your own length.
tamiyabase.com/...ustom.html
And a 380 is a easier way with the grasshopper adaptor.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Idea for a new concept (I hope) Porsche Racing! 7 years 7 months ago #40467

Right they used 280 :blink: my fault, I like the M02 idea...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.