Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Paint 6 years 2 months ago #48603

After a bit of advice people
Where is the best place to buy Tamiya paints from, ideally a one stop shop so to speak, I’m after PS, PC, TS, XF and X
TIA Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Paint 6 years 2 months ago #48604

Difficult question the cans are hard to get shipped nowadays. My favorite is Seidel but he wont be much help.

Paint 6 years 2 months ago #48606

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
Hi have you tried Wonderland models in the UK, they do quite a range spray cans as well as pots and deliver via a courier.

Paint 6 years 2 months ago #48607

Good luck getting the PC- (brush on polycarbonate) paints anywhere - from what I can see, they where quietly withdrawn around 2007, but existing stocks & the large number of suppliers hid the problem for a while, but by 2012 there were only a few places still selling the less popular colours. Things haven't changed since then, for example at Fusion hobbies, if you want a shade of green, copper or pink you're golden, if not you're SOL :whistle: (www.fusionhobbi...rch=Search).

At least TS- and PS- (spray cans for hard bodies & lexan bodies respectively) are available again after several years where you couldn't buy them in the UK due to "labelling issues"...

Rattle cans through the post can be problematic since Royal Mail started (or at least started enforcing) a "no aerosol paint on pain of destruction"* rule but suppliers have come up with some innovative ways around it, such as:
- labelling the package as containing "medical" aerosols as they are exempt;
- using other couriers (at greater cost to the consumer) because, apparently, aerosol paint is no danger when handled by their employees, processed through their machinery, or transported in their (presumably magic) vans, trucks and/or planes :whistle:

* the only time I've heard of this being enforced was someone complaing that their vintage eBay RC purchase (I think it was a Bruiser) had been diverted to NI for destruction due to the seller "helpfully" including a part-used rattle can in the parcel ...

Getting to the point, I've been happily buying X- and XF- brush paints from www.emodels.co.uk, their stock levels appear to be live** I don't see why TS & PS paints should be any different -although post/courier at 3.95/6.95 GBP for 1 or more pot/can hurts if you only want the one ...

** This is a big deal to me after years of suppliers listing everything in the range(s) but only sending what they did have (usually half or less) :S

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.