Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 11 years 2 months ago #18545

Original kyosho Turbo Ultima...never completed. All parts there. Comes with original box, radio, carry bag, everything you see including the original receipt from Tower Hobbies in June of '88.

$400 shipped within the continental US.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 11 years 2 months ago #18547

Interesting ... I wonder why someone spent all that & never built it?

Love the photobombing dog BTW :D

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 11 years 2 months ago #18553

Wow its like a snapshot from 1988 B)

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 11 years 2 months ago #18574

Yeah even the energizer batteries are old :) They expire in Aug '91 :laugh:

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 11 years 2 months ago #18702

I love seeing time capsule kits like this, with all the extra bits... as though they built up the steam to assemble, but never went through with it.

Some people found the early kits quite daunting, and just packed them away. I guess it's understandable, especially if it was given as a gift.

I had the fortune of coming across an AYK Viper similar to this a few years ago. It had been lightly assembled, but never finished or run. Decals were NIP. Still had a NIP battery, receipt, and many other bits. Box still great. The seller had no idea of its collectibility, it had just been bought, attempted, and then packed away in the cupboard since 1986.

I actually think vintage kits that are "newly attempted" but never run or painted, are kind of the equal of NIB kits. It's all still brand new parts. All they've done is try to assemble some bits.

H.

www.rctoymemories.com
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 2 weeks 1 day ago #78164

Hi, I can’t see a date when you posted the Turbo Ultima for sale!  Messaging you on the off chance it’s still available!?

Luke

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 2 weeks 14 hours ago #78167

Hi, I can’t see a date when you posted the Turbo Ultima for sale!  Messaging you on the off chance it’s still available!?

Luke

FYI: this topic is 11 years old.
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Kyosho Turbo Ultima never built, controller etc 2 weeks 13 hours ago #78168

Ok, was looking on my phone and it doesn't show the dates on their unfortunately.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.