Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5949

maybe the second stupid question of the year but does any vintage tamiya have a nitro engine?
you dont see too many posts on here about nitro engines. is it possible to fit a nitro engine to my hopper? :evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5950

I knew Tamiya also had some nitro cars but I didn't have a clue about any details.
Wikipedia list these though - all from this millenium :

Tamiya 1/8 nitro Wiki

I know there's also the NDF-01 (Nitro Thunder and Blaster) in 1/10...
More a fan of electro myself. It's just as fast if you want (low speeds even faster) and better on the ears. :silly:
Dunno about a glow enigine on a Hopper... :S

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5951

i guess you could lose weight from the battery but you would have to mount the motor and a gas tank and a MSC, then an exhaust but probably the hardest part would be getting the drive to the rear wheels

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5952

I really only know anything about 1:1 cars but I think any sparked engine doesn't do well without a transmission either.
With an electro motor torque is present from the first rev but fuel engines need enough rpm first to have optimum traction.
Usually solved with a tranmission (with multiple gear changes).
Variomatic should work pretty well actually but I'm sure that's not a scale option.
Getting kinda curious now... :huh:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5953

Check this out... B)

Attachments:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5954

Looks fast enough. :woohoo:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5955

Ah, the need for speed - it comes to us all :D

Can't see the point of IC RC cars TBH - the running in, the tuning, antisocial noise, the fumes,the difficulty starting them - seriously, I've seen people struggle so long I've got through a battery (or two) by the time they've got it running.

It used to be the only way to _really_ fast, but modern electrics have changed all that - I think you could get a motor, esc, and even a Lipo pack & charger for the same cost as a nitro engine, fuel & starter kit ... new of course, there's little to no used brushless/lipo kit about...

Start with one of these, a 10 tooth 0.8 mod pinion & the motor adaptor from a lunchbox/pumpkin/pajero ... I have one of those combos in a TA03F & I can't use more than 50% throttle even in a straight line & with a really delicate thumb :D :evil:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5956

Run something like this on a 3S (12.3V) Lipo (giving 70.000+ rpm) and it'll put any 1/10 in orbit. :laugh:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5957

it was just a thought, i am not serious about it, yet. but i like the sound of real engines :side:

Re: Tamiya nitro 12 years 3 months ago #5958

the sound of real engines

Can't deny there's something to it...
But if you wanna go ultimately awesome on your Hopper, then put in one of these fuell cells :

got some water in my ESC

B) B) B)

And a sound module of course. :lol:

Edit - wonder how fast that really is but it looks very Back To The Future.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.