Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Caustic Soda as paint stripper? 10 years 11 months ago #20935

It really wouldn't surprise me if the resistance thing is exposure-time related,
after all, that list clearly states polycarbonate isn't resistant to brake fluid, yet we use it with mixed results. I can safely say I haven't had any lexan/brake fluid disasters (Yet), whereas several others have.

I also still say results with "Lexan" are inconclusive due to not knowing exactly what clear plastic various bodyshells are actually made of (& wrongly called "Lexan" just because they're clear), & what paint treatment they'd had prior to stripping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Caustic Soda as paint stripper? 10 years 11 months ago #20936

I found out caustic soda work wonders for removing chrome..

Had some 2.2 HPI Star wheels in chrome, and a SRB F150 front, the chrome vanished less then 30 sec in the caustic bath :y:

Caustic Soda as paint stripper? 10 years 11 months ago #20937

Is there any chance we can set up some sort of chart to catalogue the various chemicals, different bodies and how they have performed with known and unkown paints?

I'd be willing to set thing up as a graphic, but something like a wiki entry might be better so allowed people could edit and update it,

regards

Johann

Caustic Soda as paint stripper? 10 years 11 months ago #20987

Brake fluid will have chrome off wheels too, just not as quickly.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.