Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19121

• Si06
  • Si06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

Just arrived in the post this morning only completed the Ebay sale yesterday morning so was sent from cornwall very fast.

Oh and its a Blazing star dont ask me why i bought it it just lept out at me from what i can tell with my limited Tamiya knowladge this is based on the DF-01 chassis is this right

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Si06.

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19125

I might be wrong but i think its basically a manta ray. So yeah df-01 variation, possibly just different wheels and shell.

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19129

• Si06
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Indeed a manta ray family member from what i have read the blazing star wasent that popular due to the fact tamiya basicly tried to make a buggy used for on and off road with little amount of set up the wheel and tyres are incerdibly plastic like and on the test this morning the buggy came to a complete stop on short grass only just handled clay and dirt but its a DF-01 so its got loads of upgrade potential so will be a cool summer build

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19133

Yep, nice DF-01. Indeed basically a Manta Ray with Humvee tyres and a Terra Conqueror shell (which is a great one)... :)

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19142

:angry: Blazing star is not a DF01... It is a last vintage TA01 de base. :lol:
A very nice chassis. chevy S10 tires and TA02 hop up lightweight on road rims. The terra conqueror body is a so nice shell... At work I have an add with a RC with tamiya TF EVO wheeles and terra conqueror body and a big "BERTRANDT" decal...
You bought a very nice car man. :y:

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19144

From the tyre part number (9805561) it looks like they're slightly different from both the Chevy and Hummer. Same size though.
Weird that they apparently gave it the alloy gear setup (instead of all plastic)...

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19145

• Si06
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Alloy gear set up ? this has plastic gears in it with small metal planet gears in the diff will defo go balled diff though not one for orignality ;)

Last edit: by Si06.

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19157

Hmmm... parts listings mentions alloy idler and drive gear. :huh:
Plastic's much better so good thing that's in the car already.
Those alloy gears, together with an aluminium pinion, can really fill the gearbox with grey debris over time.

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19161

• Si06
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I have a problem with the rear gear box the rear right wheel isnt turning as fast as the other 3 wheels nothing seems to be binding and both gear box's are in good condition but i cant figure out what could be causing the binding i can only think that the plastic bushes that came with the car are to tight and putting bearings in will free it up.

Other than that its running fine

Another new member of my tamiya family 11 years 2 months ago #19166

I have a problem with the rear gear box the rear right wheel isnt turning as fast as the other 3 wheels nothing seems to be binding and both gear box's are in good condition but i cant figure out what could be causing the binding i can only think that the plastic bushes that came with the car are to tight and putting bearings in will free it up.

Other than that its running fine

That could be a lot of things - bearings not in square, too many rubber o-rings in the driveshaft cups, bent drive cups or driveshaft, too much icky grease in the drive cups, cracked hub and/or overtightened wheelnut forcing the bub into the upright, suspension not assembled correctly/sqaure putting a side load on the driveshaft, flatspotted tyre making the wheel unbalanced, etc etc ...

Going for metal bearings is a good start - I use them even in cars I know I'm never going to run :whistle: - but if there's nothing to obvious when you take it apart, I wouldn't worry too much - you've said it isn't binding & if it's only doing it while held up in the air, it's unlikely to be anything worth losing sleep over...

Does it go in a straight line?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.