Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage MRC Speed Handle Radio 11 years 1 month ago #19747

It's an interesting bit of kit - I've only seen a black & white photo of someone using one before, + various mentions on forums - so it's nice to see some closeup photos :y:

Rare & interesting doesn't necessarily translate into valuable though - while there are collectors of radio gear, most people would be far more interested in a vintage Sand Scorcher, and while I would say a large proportion of those would be interested in a radio set from the correct period, it's more likely they'd want one of the more mass market, stick sets (like they had themselves, or saw someone using) - Acoms mk.1 or mk.2 set, Futaba "Medallion 2" (?) set, etc.

I would think the best think you could do to realise the highest value from the sale is to actually test it - but "Worked great last time it was used" is a bit to close to "untested" - an eBay code phrase for "it doesn't work but by claiming it's untested I'll be able to wriggle out of any claims it's not as described" :S

The RX connectors look like a fairly conventional pins - I think a modern connector would fit.

That said, it may be at its money already - Personally, I can't get on with steerwheel transmitters at all, and a lot of people feel the same :(

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.