Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24614

I`ll be picking up a Tamiya super champ buggy tomorrow i think i got this very cheap.It comes with box manuals all radio gear and 2x batteries some wheels the only think that`s broken he says is the front bumper, is there anythink i should no about these buggy`s i have never had one before are the parts easy to get hold off? I`ll be putting photos on soon cant wait :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24615

Nice find. Most of the parts are shared with the SRB (Sand Scorcher / Rough Rider /Ranger) so are easy to find. Parts of the rear suspension, the radio plate, the rear bumper and the chassis are unique, but do come up on ebay every so often (I just bought a Superchamp chassis for £9 posted, but this is only slightly different to the SRB).
The really hard to find bits are the bodyshell and decals.
The following user(s) Liked this: kemmatech

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24616

how much would you pay for one ??

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24617

The guy sent me some photos off it

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24618

:woohoo: very nice car :y:
The super champ is a pretty vintage

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24619

How much would I pay for one, or how much is it worth :P ?

You could probably sell it for around £120, maybe a bit more as it seems to be pretty complete and you've got the box.

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24623

I got one too, totaly restored it. Did pay around 150 euro for it in 2008 (auction), later on bought some new tires, wheels etc. probabbly spent 200 euro in total. I really enjoy the car and prices will go up since more collectors are appreciating them. (just keep it for at least 20 years :P )

This one hasnt been re-released like the Rough Rider and Sand Scorcher.

You only mis the 2 front headlights.

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24625

So are you going to tell us how much you paid for it, or just keep us hanging? :P

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24631

I`ll be picking up a Tamiya super champ buggy tomorrow i think i got this very cheap.It comes with box manuals all radio gear and 2x batteries some wheels the only think that`s broken he says is the front bumper, is there anythink i should no about these buggy`s i have never had one before are the parts easy to get hold off? I`ll be putting photos on soon cant wait :)

Ecellent find !
I'm chasing one since a while now, but couldn't find the right one until now !
I really don't care how much you paid for it, but as it looks pretty complete and as the box is included wich is very rare on my opinion...i think you got it for a good price !
Looking forward to see more detailed pictures once you got it.
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Tamiya super champ 10 years 7 months ago #24635

very :) with this pick it up today but don`t no much about these but all its need is a front light new tyres and the body needs a little repair shown on photo 4 any help will be great hope you like it :y:

Last edit: by kemmatech.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.