Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27135

Well, I only own Tamiya kits because I thought they were the best and I like the brand. They might still be that but since last week I was flabbergasted by the RC4WD Trailfinder 2, it is so much more scale than the Tamiya Toyota Hilux (Highlift) which I already have as a shelfqueen for some 4 years.

Do you guys have any experience with it? All metal axles, gearbox, ladder frame, 3 peace metal rims and all SCALE! for a resonable price of $400, but it looks like you have to be on a waiting list.
There are so many accesoiries to make your own custom truck. I would love to saw the doors and hood out of the shell to make it even more realistic.

Take a look, tell me what you think. Time to cheat on Tamiya or not? :woohoo:

store.rc4wd.com..._2108.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27137

Nice but id rather have a Tamiya :P
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

Re:Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27141

I spent 2 years and about $1700 making mine in to a reasonable Bruiser copy. It had all the extra bits from RC4WD and a full camper top, interior from dinky rc, full working lights, Bruiser leaf spring mounts/bumpers and Tamiya Hilux grill. Ended up selling it off to put new tires on my 1:1.
The TF2 is a pretty well engineered machine. But the axles wear out fairly quickly and the stock suspension setup binds a little. There are plenty of tips and tricks on some scale 4x4 forums.

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27143

I just got a Hilux to do a scale truck as well, however I am most likely going to sell that and get a RC4WD Trailfinder 2.

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27145

I'd have one of those over any of the Tamiya highlifts :y:

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27147

Tamiya Nut, you are just afraid of being banned :P

I must admit the Tamiya Highlift looks very strong and is well enginered with that superb 3 speed. It is abvious that RC4WD copied the scale parts from Tamiya and designed themselves the other less realistic parts. So it is infact a redesigned younger and more scale tamiya highlift, but a very very good one!!

Beermeister $1700 :P that's a lot, I would mabye get a metal rear and front bumper, a winch, interior seat and a truck topper. Which would be something like $600

What do you mean by ''the axles wear out quickly''? It has ballbearings, doesnt it? Or do you mean by hitting all the rocks below?

I can watch these video's for hours :laugh:

Re:Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27148

The bearings don't seem to wear but the housing and gears get sloppy. As do the steering arms. I'm guessing it's just a soft alloy.
I went a little overboard on the scale bits. The worst was $30 per axle for U bolts. And ended up buying lots of Tamiya parts trees for just 1 or 2 parts per tree.

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 3 months ago #27149

scx10 :blush:

:laugh: :laugh:

get some RC Channel axles and work you way up from there. ;)

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 2 months ago #27469

I love this truck... been on the fence between it and the Axial Dingo (SCX10)

I love the looks and ability of both, but the RC4WD is some seriously cool truck! Yes, I know the Dingo is bang for buck and outperforms.... blh blah blah... but that TF2 just puts a bigger smile on my face :D

Time to cheat on Tamiya with RC4WD Trailfinder 2 ? 10 years 2 months ago #27477

I hope to get one in maybe 5 months though my cousin in the US :laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.