Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27306

sold her :blush:

had loads of alloy hop-ups, steering, motormount, rear suspension 4-link, ballbearings and a soundmodul

:cry:

:n: :n: :n: :cry: :evil: :angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27317

Thanks Jon i was hoping you would give me some pointers i might pick your brains when i get to the painting stages. Would you use a primer first then silver then the main colour?

It depends - at bare minimum you could just wash it, spray the first colour, mask & spray the second colour - it'll look ok at a distance & if you're going to use it hard then you might not think it's worth doing much more.

Since you mentioned you're willing to spend some time on it, the full monty is in the TB "paint" articles, but to summarise:

1 - sand off sprue/flash lines
2 - wet sand with 1000/1200 grit paper
3 - wash & let dry
4 - prime (lots of light coats)
5 - wet sand (1200/1500+ grit paper) & let dry
6 - spray first colour (probably 4 coats from a least 2 different directions) & let dry
7 - mask & spray second colour (+ ditto)
8 - clear coat
9 - rub out (e.g. Novus plastic polishes)
10 - paint details
11 - apply decals (wet)

For a shiny finish, IMO the key step is very careful rubbing down after priming; clearcoating is 2nd, but there's little point doing it if what's underneath wasn't done very well in the first place. Rubbing out is very much optional :)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27377

Custom touches wheels wipers decals etc

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Mitsubishi Pajero 10 years 3 months ago #27378

That looks great i like the wiper and i also like the paintjob it looks good in a single dark colour without the two tone. im still undecided on which way to go myself :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.