Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not Tamiya, or even RC ... but free :) 9 years 11 months ago #28456

Started on this ... been a bit spoiled by Tamiya kits I think, this one doesn't tell you which colours to use or call out when details need doing, so I've made a lot of guesses as to what needed assembling before painting - hopefully I haven't done anything boneheaded that will compromise further painting or final assembly...

Chassis is mostly sprayed satin black, straight 6 engine (note distributor & plug leads - details I didn't expect to see, given my first impressions of the kit) is about a dozen Tamiya brush paint, colours are based on an Austin A-series engine :whistle:

Only other thing of note here is clear bits getting glued to chromed plastic with Pacer Formula 560 canopy glue...

Body parts primed white ...

... before spraying with VW Alpine White. Main chunk of bodywork masked up for second colour - Ford Coral Beige ...

Interior parts done in Coral too ... trust me, it is a different colour :whistle: Too shiny here, these bits will get a brushing with Flat Clear & a couple of washes to give a bit of detail.

Remaining body parts have also had a good thick coat of clear & are drying in the shed :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Not Tamiya, or even RC ... but free :) 9 years 11 months ago #28458

Well you have been a busy boy :ohmy: :cheer: :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Not Tamiya, or even RC ... but free :) 9 years 11 months ago #28479

Final detail painting & assembly done today ... I still have to do the transfers, but I'm a bit suspicious of them (having been stored in damp conditions). I'm going to scan the originals before trying them in case I have to redraw/make my own. :)

Re:Not Tamiya, or even RC ... but free :) 9 years 11 months ago #28481

WoW! Very nice

Re:Not Tamiya, or even RC ... but free :) 9 years 11 months ago #28483

:woohoo: Looks like a low cost POSHER..... But largely with the Jonny LEVEL :whistle:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.