Keyword

TOPIC:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47253

This is on its way to me, brand new and never fitted to a chassis :)
Can have a shelf queen body and a gentle run out body now :y: yayyyy :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47254

Good idea buddy. :y:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47349

I used Halfords Electric Orange (white primer, many coats of a very thin pearlescent "colour" coat, plus clear) - in very low light it's a nice shade, in very very bright light it looks a bit spangly, but most of the time it's very underwhelming. Hopefully your 5 can method is going to look better :y:

If your going to be using halfords electric orange again try an orange coat after the white primer and before the pearl/flake,
My system was white primer, orange, pearl/flake and top coat, i didnt bother with the clear coat between orange n pearl (as ford suggest) and it dont seen to have affected results :y: oh n the plasticiser defo seems to have done the job, you can twist the shell without any cracking or tearing :y:

Last edit: by goldfish999.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47378

Just got home to this :)
Looks like im going to be hanging around this forum for a while now ive been bitten by the RC bug
Ive decided to go "vintage", well in the first 100 to start the collection, hope they need at least a little bit of work doing to them :)
I shall unveil in the normal mailman thread :y:

Attachment not found

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47827

I had a though about decals though - I suspect the green & definitely the blue are going to be thoroughly vomit inducing against the orange - but MCIRacing (mciracing.ca/pr...rasshopper) let you change specific colours - unfortunately there's no configurator element to see what it's come out like, but 10 mins of basic replacing in PSP suggests if you replaced "apple green" with metallic gold and "green" to brown - and I suspect spending an extra 8 bucks to replace "intense blue" with mirror gold is small potatoes compared with the total budget ;), a custom set of decals would look something like this (only less crap):

:)

They have turned up, yayyyy, i will post pics of them soon :y:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47829

Nice!

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47831

Looking forward to seeing them :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.