OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51844

Ouch!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51845

That is horrific :S

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51846

A waste of the iconic Bruiser livery... :(
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51853

For heaven's sake that's a R/C sacrilege!! :cry: :n:

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51854

They built a full sized modern Bruiser last year, and it looks like this is an attempt to tie them all together.
tamiyablog.com/...a-bruiser/

Attachments:

Last edit: by blakbird.

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51855

My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51863

I'm torn on this one. If I'm honest, it's actually a pretty good looking truck. If there had never been a Bruiser and this was just a new Toyota truck design I'd say it was pretty cool. The problem comes when you try to compare it to the original which was a completely different kind of product. Premium instead of entry level. At least they didn't use the name "Bruiser".
The following user(s) Liked this: PoorManRC

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51874

Tamiya took the paintscheme from a 4wd pulling truck from 1983 called "Blue Ox". I was checking some old mags a couple of years ago and I could finally see what was so familiar with that paintscheme.

Anyway, YES the new Toyota truck is a very very nice model. The problem with it is... there is no connection between that truck and mudbogging, and even less with truck pulling. Feels almost as if someone painted a mustache over your grandfather's picture -completely out of place!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, PoorManRC

Last edit: by mongoose1983.

OMG they killed the Bruiser 5 years 7 months ago #51913

Hey all,
Ya, I have mixed feelings about this one too :unsure: .

Nice to see the CC-01 chassis continuing as its a good base for custom stuff. Also its a nice modern Toyota body if you like them but doing it up as a neo Bruiser??? :blink:

I was really not that impressed with the full size build to be honest, its really just a bunch of vinyl graphics and some bolted on bits on a new stock Toyota pickup. It's not like they built a full size Wild Willy on a VW chassis ( as crazy as that seemed :ohmy: ), that build was a lot of work I imagine, this one just looks like a quick weekend slap up job.

The really silly part if you ask me is the giant screw head stickers on the doors :lol: then they have added them to the scale one as well?? I don't even like the fact you can see them on the original Brusier :( It takes away from the scale look too much.

So I think it is some nice parts, nothing original here but with a good paint job it would be a good model of a Toyota pickup and most likely priced about the same as any other CC-01 based kit so ???? Perhaps I will pick one up but won't be using the decals on it, that's for sure :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.