Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #446

HI!... I've been looking for a Tamiya Porsche 959 and a WildOne for over 10 years now. I came across a guy on KIJIJI that was selling some of his vintage RC collection. The Porsche 959 and WildOne are all original. They were built new and never run as far as I know. They have both been sitting in a display case for years! Got both for a good price. Guy was real nice. We chatted on the phone for about a hour talking about RC and HotRods.He's out of town right now but will be shipping them at the end of next week. He was glad they were going to someone who will appreciated them. They will also be shelf queens in my large collection. Now to find a F.A.V. I'll post up better pics once they arrive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #469

Wow, both look Fab!.
Espescially the 959 which is one of my favourites!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #549

HI!... Well the Porsche 959/Wild One showed up today. :mrgreen: The seller (RS6TT) really packed them up good. All kinds of bubble wrap/foam. He took off all the wheels and some of the suspension, so there was no chance of anything getting broken. I had a bit of assembly to do. Neither came with electronics. So I added my own vintage servos and receivers to make them complete. The Wild One never had the driver installed so it was still new in the package. I have to paint it up still. Also the seller never installed/painted the headlights, so I'm currently doing that. As you can tell from the pics below these two RC cars are in immaculate condition. They will never be run as long as I own them. They will spend their lives as shelf queen's in my RC collection.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #551

HI!... The "Wild One" :

I'll post up some more pics once I get the headlights painted and mounted.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #552

Very nice pictures!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #553

awesome pictures!! I'm glad you're enjoying them so far.....that 959 will always be my personal favorite.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #556

HI!... Got the headlights painted and mounted. Just need to cut out the driver and paint him up.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #581

HI!... Got the driver cut out today. Will be painting soon. :mrgreen:

I also got the Wild One driver's head painted up.

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #601

HI!... Well I finally got the Wild One's driver painted up and installed. Noe this Wild One project is complete. One down. one Wild One to go! :mrgreen:

Re: Just got a Porsche 959/WildOne 13 years 2 months ago #604

Nice!!! great work...something I should have done a long time ago ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.