Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42567

Look at the beauty of the Holiday Buggy. I have yet to paint the details and place the decals, but I am very nervous about that. I've not painted any models since I was a little boy, my last model paint work was so ugly I placed the experience under "very traumatic childhood events" together with my bicycle accidents.

You maybe must not to paint the main body of the holiday buggy. Probably a clear coat is enough. And for details, with not too old paints it should be easy. lights in white ad yellow and only white. And flat colors for the pilot. "tamiya flat flesh is my favourite for the carnation color"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42584

I wouldn't clearcoat the Holiday Buggy - it won'd add anything to the finish, and as it won't stick properly the decals will peel it off very easily.

There are lots of articles on painting on TB (and elsewhere), to summarise what I'd do:

Prep: remove all the bits that need painting, wash then in warm soapy (dish detergent) water & dry. Fix to some sort of support (screws, Blue Tac, wire etc) & prime with white plastic primer.

Paint: I'd airbrush of aerosol the roof, but brush the rest the rest with Tamiya acrylics. I think you'd probably need around 10 different colours to do a proper job - at least two coats of each. A wash of thinned brown on the face & arms will add a bit of realism without too much difficulty.

Decals - apply wet (really - again there are articles on method/recipes here). HB decals are fairly easy, but alignment is important ... the only other issue I can think of is the two that go over the front body mount screws - you've got a choice of a wobbly finish (fit the front mount, then the decals) or very visible screws (decals first, cut around screw holes, then fit mount). I prefer the latter, marginally.

:)

Ps let's hear about the bicycle crashes - my youthful "best" was mis-timing a bunny hop over a kerb & instead doing an over the handlebars, upside down "bar fly" type crash into the glass front of a Chinese takeaway :D

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42589

Hah.. nice bike jump there, Jonny! My crashes were mostly just my own stupidity, going to fast looking back and I got caught on a fence bar across my throught, spinning like a gymnast and landing flat on my back on the asphalt. I'm surprised how much bashing I could take back then.

Holiday Buggy details: I was mostly refering to the driver and the jerry cans on the sides. I've seen people paint these very well, but I would settle with 'not ugly'. I will not be painting the blue body as I am already aware of the plastic's properties. Thanks though for pointing it out to me. And thank you very much for all the good advice. I have yet to build my Fighting Buggy, and when all my current cars are ready I will start some sort of painting project to get them all done.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42593

Does it actually say "Tamiya" anywhere on the motor?
I'm asking because the two stars are not correct to the Tamiya logo, so I suspect it's not Tamiya's.

Edit: It looks like it says Corally (another RC maker) on the bottom picture?

-Lars

Tamiya euro stock 18 double
Haven't seen this one in de list of tamiya motors

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

Last edit: by larbut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42597

Three brand mistery motor. Yokomo corally and... Tamiya?

www.zaonce.com/...tors.shtml

Not double winded

Maby a combined motor?
Mounting it in my upcoming Robbe super sports would be great and i mangle more brands on that car because the mailman has no rest the last two weeks.

Last edit: by poebe.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42599

Its not a Tamiya motor but its a motor that is allowed to be used in the Tamiya Euro races probably in the stock or top stock classes.
Not easy to find decent info on that on google but think I read that somewhere in a fightercup leaflet.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42605

A lot of my modified motors are yokomo stamped on the brushes support. same LRP ones. yokomo is the mabushi modifier. :laugh:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42606

Agree with Waterbok, it's not a Tamiya motor.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42607

i tryed yokomo euro stock and corally euro stock in google and fount nothing about the motor. too old for the WWW

Last edit: by poebe.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 2 months ago #42608

This is a Tamiya, arrived today, forgot I placed a bid and scored for 16€ :)
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.