Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 11 months ago #10082

Just had another thought & suggestion - from the pic it looks like at least one of the endbell fixing screws is missing (Empty hole, top of endbell in first pic) - I'd recommend you don't run it without having it apart & checking it's not full of bits, or at the very least put new (M3) screws in where they're missing - if the endbell moves or "Cocks over" whilst it's running, it could chew the commutator up. Equally bad would be if you spin it up with screws, washers or stones in it, as this will probably wreck the windings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 11 months ago #10097

Tried everything to lever the tabs up to take the motor apart but i cant shift them so gave up. Their are two holes that you mention Eddrick should these have screws in them as they are empty?

Regards

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 10 months ago #10115

Can't really see from the pics, but all of the Kyosho motors I've had have the end bell fixed/adjustable with 2x screws, which look to be missing from yours. Normally, to get the endbell off, you would loosen the 2x screws then twist the endbell to line-up notches in the retaining plate inside with the small dings in the back of the can, then the endbell should just pull out (Remove the brushes first though). Sometimes the shaft is a bit tight in the back bearing, which can make them a bit stuck....

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 10 months ago #10116

Ahh...Ignore my last post, I'm lying.... Just picked up my 240ST & that one's tabbed together, with empty screw holes, & yeah the can looks like one of those thick ones that are nigh impossible to bend the tabs back

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 10 months ago #10117

I'm sorry TamiyaNut, but this mission is going from bad to worse - I've just had a proper look at that motor info (That's in the process of being uploaded) & it would appear it only covers the rebuildable motors (ie the ones that are screwed not tabbed). Perhaps some rooting about on the net might provide some answers?. You could do a visual comparison of the winding wire thickness with a standard can 540 - generally, thicker wire means less turns (Less torque & higher rpm). As an educated guess, I'd say that the "tamper proof" tabbing would suggest it's some kind of tuned stock motor, ie to keep it race-class legal, & as Jonny said, it's probably 27 turn.
Bottom line is, without the label or some sort of marking you'll only ever be guessing!

Re: Mystery Motor 11 years 8 months ago #12009

I'm quite sure it's a LeMans 360ST.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.