Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37172

Hi, my names David and Im an apprentice mechanic by trade. RC started for me when I was 14 with an unknown buggy I found on craigslist for $20. Turned out to be an Aristocraft-Hitec Kangaroo with a Dolphin body in it. Before I knew that and before I knew they were hard to find I killed that thing, suspension arms broke and what actually killed it was when the bushing for the rear drive axle melted the rear suspension arm. Fast forward a few years I buy myself a CC01 landfreeder kit, as my off road trail runner, I made lower links and new shock mounts and it has RC4WD shocks in the back and a GPM steering kit up front. And about a month ago I bought a Re-Re grasshopper kit to entertain myself, and it reminded me how fun my old buggy was. Just yesterday I was able to pick up an original Fox off craigslist for a decent price. I started taking it apart last night, havent found anything cracked yet except for the rear wheel adapters, but Im gonna try to find a set of Nova Fox suspension arms to run in it so I dont destroy the originals. Also gonna set the original mechanical speed control aside and run an esc in it. Heres some pictures of my rides, Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37173

Hi David, and welcome to TamiyaBase!
Your story sounds familiar to mine; revived RC passion! :cheer:
I look forward to hearing more from you and your Landfreeder trail runs :y:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37175

Welcome, I love seeing action pic's of peoples collections :) So feel free to post plenty of your rides throwing dirt :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37177

:) Welcome on board David. Your RCs look good. Several of us begun the rcs with a grasshopper. The CC01 was one of my favorite. (I have a wrangler+ low rider kit). Your picts are beautifull. Your fox looks better than mine but keep preciousely the msc. You can change the trans shafts by novafox ones. They have a bigger fiability.

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37183

Thanks all, I finished going through the Fox last night. Gearbox and bearings in there all seem well, it was given full ball bearings at some point. I found one that had failed on the front wheel so Ill replace all of those. Also found that the lower ball joints on the front suspension were loose, the little plastic disc inside wore right out, My LHS happens to have a NovaFox parts tree with the front arms, I will be picking that up and the rest will come from ebay
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37184

:y: a nice runner resto.

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37185

:laugh: :laugh: I suspect another nice 3 speed project David :whistle:

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37187

What is a 3 speed project? :)

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37188

:laugh: The 3 speed chassis are like 1/1 . Bruiser, f 350 hi lift, tundra, mountain er etc. A nice alloy chassis

New kid from Canada 8 years 2 months ago #37192

Welcome to the forum! Awesome kits! I'm a fellow Canuck, eh!

Last edit: by marcod13.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.