Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63742

Finally dug out my old GRB, not run it for about 20 years, the shell is wrecked and wheels look tired but underneath it's not actually too bad. Just want to getting looking good so it can go my shelf, not sure I'll ever try to run it again. Here it is straight from my loft

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pics :)

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63744

Yeahhh she looks pretty nice.

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63748

Hey there, MCI racing do window masks and stickers for it and TBG make repo bodies, That will surely help make it look sharp again ;) 

mciracing.ca/pr...ndow-masks

mciracing.ca/pr...r-b-decals

www.ebay.com/it...xyHslQ6SG7
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63755

That's great, I'm gonna just clean up the rest of the car, hopefully they may do a re re at some point and I can do a proper restoration. I also have a Boomerang which runs but is rough and also a Falcon which is not so bad but for some reason in my teens I decided to paint the wheels orange, what an idiot! Also a question is it better to bin the Acoms radio gear and get some more modern stuff? I remember always having problems with the speed controller,

Thanks for the help. 

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63756

To run it a modern radio is better. But for the shelf keep the acoms. 

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63764

Chassis looks very good indeed.

TBG (Team Bluegroove) is down atm due they have run out of lexan.

I also own a GRB and I find it better looking and performance than the 959.
Drove my GRB a lot in the 90s and the only thing that did break was the chassis at front where it meet the gearbox, tabs at the back and front upper bumper after a massive sideways tumble.
Never broke any suspension arms which is common with this chassis.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63770

So I've noticed the front higher bumper is cracked, also the rear skid plate is dropping, tyres as expected are shot, wheels are salvageable. I powered it up today but I'm only getting rear wheel drive, the prop shaft is turning but slowly so front wheels hardly turning??

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63772

I only have a worn and uncomplete grb body and some rims. I really need a 959/ grb châssis
the grb is better than the 959 because of the central diff. Is it the same as the avante one?

Lockdown light resto Toyota GRB 3 years 3 months ago #63787

So I've noticed the front higher bumper is cracked, also the rear skid plate is dropping, tyres as expected are shot, wheels are salvageable. I powered it up today but I'm only getting rear wheel drive, the prop shaft is turning but slowly so front wheels hardly turning??

This has been sitting for a LONG time ;) I suspect that whatever grease is inside the gearboxes has gummed up :O I would suggest rebuilding them, I think you'll find that they will work correctly afterwards unless there is damage to the gears.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.