Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34547

HI!... Well some of you know that I don't do much RC restoring during the nice months of the year. Mostly in the Winter when it's slow at work (Construction). My other hobby and passion is drag racing and hot rodding in general. My daily driver for the last 8+ years has been a 2007 Ford Ranger Sport. It's a 4.0L SOHC V6, auto, limited slip 8.8.

Well since I can't leave anything stock I have modded it here and there for the last 5 years or so. It's currently running 13.6E.T at 101MPH, weighs just under 4000LBS with me in it.

Current mods are :

- 2.5/5 inch lowering kit
- Race built 5R55E trans
- Custom 3500 stall converter
- Custom tuning from Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance
- Built 8.8 rear end with Eaton Torison posi
- 4.30 gears
- Custom stainless steel exhaust, with high flow cat and Magnaflow muffler exiting out the passenger side before the rear tire.
- Ported TB
- EGR mod
- custom 19 inch electric fan conversion
- ASP under driven pullies
- Custom fabricated CAI
- Competition Engineering drag shocks 90/10 front, 70/30 rear
- Stock Ranger rear wheels widened from 7x15 inch to 7x10 inch wide
- Nitto 555R 325/50/R15 drag radials
- Center Line Convo-pro 15x4.5 inch front wheels
- M&H skinny tires (front)
- Custom 4 inch steel HD drive shaft
- Hellwig front/rear sway bars with custom end links
- Custom pan-hard bar on the rear
- Auto Meter gauges

I haven't really spent any time or money on the truck in the last few years, but modern cars are getting faster now a days and competition is getting to close for my taste. lol

So I decided to work on the old girl again.

The last few months I have been stock piling parts so when I tear into it, I will have everything. I picked up a RCI aluminum fuel cell that has a custom stock fuel pump style sender and pickup in it. This will be mounted under the bed at the rear between the frame rails. Will have a upgraded Aeromotive fuel pump and will retain the stock filler neck placement.

I then decided to go with larger wheels and tires. So I picked up a set of 18x10 FR-500's. I then dropped them off with James at Weldcraft to have them custom widened to 18x12.5. He is currently narrowing a set for me to 18x5 fro my drag skinnies. I also have a set of 18x9's going on the front for street duty. They will all be custom powder coated gloss black after modifications are done to them.

The tires I will be running will be Mickey Thompson 345/35/R18's drag radials for the rear and Nitto NT555 255/45/R18's for the front.

I also picked up matching powder coated black lug nuts and locking security nuts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34548

HI!... I started working on the suspension the last few weeks. In order to get the large rear tires to tuck in under the truck the way I want I need to install a ladder bar/coil over rear suspension set-up and delete the leaf spring packs. So I picked up the ladder bars last week. Can't order the Strange dual adjustable billet coil overs until everything is installed so I know the height.

Set up will be like this once complete.

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34549

HI!... Next week I will be ordering the HD anti-sway bar and frame mounted battery re-locator.

I will also be doing a massive brake upgrade to this truck. I will mostly be using it fro drag racing but will be taking it road racing as well. I'll be ordering this kit in a few weeks that converts my front brakes to be able to run the Mustang GT 500 14 inch front brakes and 4 piston Brembo calipers. The rear will be converted to 13 disc with dual rear calipers.

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34550

HI!... I'm currently in talks with a company to get some custom build upper/lower control arms built. My truck originally came from the factory with 4x2 Torsion bar front suspension. Pretty stiff, hard to adjust and just a heavy set up in general. So I'm going to delete the Torsion bar set-up and convert it to a coil over front suspension. The new upper/lower control arms will be adjustable so I can get my 0 camber back. lol.

I also picked up a 2009 4.OL SOHC engine with only 23,000KMS on it for $700. :woohoo:

This one will be race built and I will be custom fabricating a turbo set-up using a GTX42/82 turbo. Shooting for 450RWH.P at around 10-12PSI and 11's in the 1/4 mile.

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34551

:woohoo: Amazing work on your truck HP! And very discret. With all that, can you drive on the road with your Ranger?
Top quality :y: :y: :y:

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34552

That's an awesome looking truck mate B) :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34553

Stupid question HP. Why didn't you bought directly a svt lightning F150? Like the Tamiya one. I learned that it was the fastest F150.

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34557

HI!...

Thanks.

Stingray, Why would I want a slower truck? lol? This truck currently runs a bit faster or equal to a Lightning. When it's done it will destroy one. I also have a 99 F-150 that beats Lightnings all the time. It has a built 5.4L in N/A trim that make 450H.P.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34558

:woohoo: It is tooo nice. I always loved the 99' F150. 450 HP that's other than my poor 2L MOPAR :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

Danger Ranger 8 years 11 months ago #34566

I'm not a massive car guy but it has been a long time goal of mine to have a 1967 Chev c10 V8, maybe with a bug catcher for Sunday drives :blush: :laugh: After I finish paying for My bike I'm focusing on making it a reality B)

Something like this but in a pearl candy red :y:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.