Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 6 months ago #3520

Unless something pretty incredible happens at Suzuka tomorrow (race starts 0700 BST, for UK viewers), Vettel will win the F1 driver's title ...

The thing is, I'm not sure I can bring myself to care that much - I believe I've watched every race since 1978 (when we first got a TV), and there were a lot of very lean seasons in there where staying awake during a race was not possible ... but I hung in there, thinking _next_ season will be better... Now, with one team so dominant & everyone else artificially overtaking each other, I think it's getting to the point I called enough enough...

Next year, only half the races will be shown on "free" to air TV in the UK - the rest will be radio commentary only - or pay a fortune for satelite/cable TV :(

BTW, if I have a favourite it's Button - he's the _only_ British driver since James Hunt that's never caused me to shout "NO! YOU ******* MUPPET!" at the TV :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 6 months ago #3522

yes, its innevitable Vettel will win the championship tomorrow,but as much as i hate him he deserves it. not red bull, look at webbers performance through the season! button is the best driver in the maclaren garage, hammy is losing the plot i think.
as for next year, yes only half the races will be shown LIVE, but the rest will be shown later in the day, same as eurosport can show moto2 and moto 3 live but not moto gp, whereas bbc can show it live.
its a bummer but its all down to sponsers,politics and boring tv directors

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 6 months ago #3530

Well, the JP GP is over, and my favourite, Button, won. Ofcourse, Vettel secured the championship.

I think this race was quite exiting actually. Tires played a big role, although equal for all teams.

But, I agree, there is a too big difference between the best teams and "the rest" , I hope Bernie can do something about that for next season.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 6 months ago #3535

First of all - F1 is and probably will always be the #1 motorsport. ;)
But nowadays I only kind of just check the results...

I was a big fan in the late eighties and early nineties.
Favourite car was the McLaren-Honda with it's striking high rev Vtec. :woohoo:
Most memorable is of course Aytron Senna and his unnecessary tragic death.

But later I very much liked the relentless and daring skills of Nigel Mansell.
That Williams-Renault was an exceptional car also with it's active suspension. B)
Kind of lost track when Michael Schumacher started winning everything for a long time.

This video is a great tribute to Senna...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 6 months ago #3536

the new Senna film is out on bluray tomorrow. definately on my shopping list :)

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 1 month ago #8213

Did you ever get the DVD, Age? Was it any good?

Anyway, I think I'm going to find it very hard to care as much about F1 this year, now that the BBC are only showing 10 races - and I'm not spending 30 GBP a month to watch the others on Sky :(

Coverage on UK free-to-air media for the race this weekend looks like this:

First Practice: 0125 to 0305 GMT Friday 16th March

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 1 month ago #8216

yes we got the video, watched it about 3 times now. it is well worth a look :y:
i am sure they said you can watch all races live on the BBC sport website

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 1 month ago #8330

i am sure they said you can watch all races live on the BBC sport website

They said "live coverage" - and I suppose by a very narrow technical definition it is - no video, just a page that has comments updated every two minutes, & a link to listen to the radio coverage :blink:

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 1 month ago #8334

Hmm, radio coverage just isn't the same - I can't just sit & listen, I have to do something else as well & that compromises my attention ... not that I've ever managed to pay a huge amount to qualifying ...

I think the enjoyment I got from hearing Alsonso cocking things up was just as great though :D

Re: F1GP ... anyone really give a smeg? 12 years 1 month ago #8337

Not to rub it in but we have (Dutch broadcaster) RTL here - showing all the qualifications and races. B)
Will I be following it again for the first time since somewhere in the 90s? Dunno...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.