Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 1 month ago #8461

HI!... I tried several times today to upload pics to the sites gallery. Everytime I click upload it keeps giving me the same error window "NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS FIELD (a-z, A-Z,-, and _ are acceptable)"

Well the only thing I typed in the title was TORNADO. badword. Doesn't make sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 1 month ago #8462

Did a bit of testing and I think it's in the file name of the picture. Maybe you could try to change that. ;) :y:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 1 month ago #8518

Ha, I can't either now - I enter the file path ok but when I press UPLOAD it clears the path box & does nothing else...

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 1 month ago #8519

It works for me, no problem, and other too, it seems.

Ha, I can't either now - I enter the file path ok but when I press UPLOAD it clears the path box & does nothing else...

When you say "enter the file path", do you use the "Browse" function (button) to select files to upload?
Also, make sure the file names are without any special characters.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 1 month ago #8520

I put a load on earlier ... :huh:

I have noticed that sometimes I can't upload pics to threads - the behaviour is much like eddrick describes - I just log off/kill the browser off & start again, & it works, at least until the next time :huh:

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 4 weeks ago #8525

Yep, tried using "Browse" button, also tried typing the file path. No special characters in the file name, file size is 1Mb(ish). Never had a problem with it before, it's only just started being an issue. Will try Jonny's method later.
Don't know if it's related, but clicking the "Gallery" tab often gives a "Page not found" error, & several of the pages on this site require to be refreshed or they don't fully load (Guessing that's a timeout due to my slow connection)

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 4 weeks ago #8540

I've been looking into this and I cant find any errors...
The function seem to work for most, so my guess is that it is a "local" problem, either old browser versions, maybe disabled use of cookies or Java?

If the problem persist, PM me your browser details, and if possible send me some screenshots of any error message you get.

-lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 4 weeks ago #8549

It's working fine tonight, nothing's different, it just works again?!

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 4 weeks ago #8550

Spoke too soon - just clicked the "Home" tab & was presented with that message, then got booted out. Also notice the "My profile" link has disappeared from top right, as has the login box
Attachments:

Re: I can't upload pics to the sites gallery ??? 12 years 4 weeks ago #8553

Spoke too soon - just clicked the "Home" tab & was presented with that message, then got booted out. Also notice the "My profile" link has disappeared from top right, as has the login box

I have not changed anything on the site related to the Gallery upload, and I see you have got two pictures up there now. I have never seen the error message you get. It simply says that the browser can't open the sites main page, which is odd.

The "My Profile" link and logon/login features has been move to the right column. To access your Profile, click on your avatar.

-Lars

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.