Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70913

Hi!

First message on your forum : I'm Vincent and am from Belgium :-)

Just bought a Boomerang today as an original release (without vintage esc, electric), but am now intrigued by this "crossed recycle bin" symbol on the bumper (back end, at the junction with the chassis) : was it already present on the originals?

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70914

That symbol means it shouldn't go in the regular bin (landfill) but should be recycled ... I agree it's ambiguous.

Recycling codes only appear on modern and re-release cars, it could just be the bumper that's not vintage... The bright zinc plated and brown passivated screws are also not vintage. 

I've not had a boomerang of any description so I couldn't say what else would point to it being a re-release, fake sponsor decals are a give away on most.  :)

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70915

Thanks Jonny!

"Recycling codes only appear on modern and re-release cars" : That's what I thought, and think those recycling codes simply don't exist back in the 80's..
"fake sponsor decals are a give away on most. " : from what I've seen I think they are 100% identical  on both editions, so can't tell

The guy told me it was his childhood's original Boomerang from the 80's, so I think I just have been tricked on this one...

Last edit: by winehundred.

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70916

Vincent welcome on board. Could you post some picts of the complet chassis ? Blue parts can help to identify if it is a vintage or rere. 

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70917

Hi stingray,

Here are some pictures; will take betters tomorrow if necessary ;-)

Thanks in advance for helping!
Vincent.
Attachments:

Last edit: by winehundred.

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70919

Attachments:

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70921

Blue parts are from a rere. But can be restored like I did on mine. For me it's a rere. And the trash can on the chassis it's from a rere to.

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70923

Thanks stingray! What's the difference on the blue parts between the original an rere version please?

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70924

The rere is darker than original

How to identify an original Boomerang from a reedition? 2 years 4 weeks ago #70926

You can see my resto here tamiyabase.com/...ng?start=0

You'll see the color difference

Last edit: by stingray-63.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.