Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20625

Well I'm no purest. I like what I like and want what I want. So when my little one saw a pic of an original Clodbuster and wanted his to look like that the parts gathering started for a cloning.
It's a mix of old and super Clod parts with some aftermarket bits thrown in.
Here's how it started, a 4 year old Super Clod with some chassis damage.

Since the cracking on the chassis wasn't too bad I installed a reinforcing plate instead of getting a new one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20626

Since the whole under side was covered in grass, dirt and the poor beast had been run through many a puddle and mud hole I decided to completely tear down the gear boxes for a cleaning and set of new bearings.
Except for the chassis plate it's a stock build. I ditched the Super Clod blue parts and went back with old school red.
Attachments:

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20627

Body work time. I didn't bother to strip the old blue paint off. A good sanding, filled the larger gouges and several coats of oxide red self leveling primer, sanding in between coats.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

I didn't feel like ordering or making the 1.5 hour trip to get the proper TS8 paint, so I found a Krylon brick red I liked.
The decals are originals but don't have "Chevrolet" on the bed stripe, so I printed my own add on decals.
Attachments:

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20628

I finished up the decals. Added a couple extras to set it apart from the pack and installed a grill insert and some photoetched badges.
Attachments:

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20630

Here's how she sat for several days while waiting on wheels.
The wheels showed up today. Yay wheels.
Goin on a trail run with the little one this weekend. Nothing too rough but I'm sure this is the last time this Clod will be seen without rock rash.

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20631

Forgot a pic.
Attachments:

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20638

Hi Dasbeermeister,

Nice Clod you got there !

I bet your little one will have lot's of fun with it....and maybe the "bigger" one too :y: :y:

Enjoy it and nice work !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20654

:y: very nice,
the scb compressor is prettier than the first one.

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20659

Looks great :y:

Is that a large dog or a small cow in the background in some of the pics? ;)

Clone-A-Clod 11 years 2 weeks ago #20660

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll enjoy running it when my boy isn't.
I'm torn between the look of the 2 super chargers, but I think I like the Super one better.
That's my Weimaraner in the pics. Having had large pit bull/lab mixes and Great Danes over the years she's more like a toy sized dog to me.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.