Keyword

TOPIC:

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46048

I replaced the screws for the following, its quite bombproof,
The lower stepscrew is Tamiya - 9808289
I drilled the lower holes to 4mm and threaded the upper holes in the chassis with an M3 tapper

I installed the 94mm CVA too, lowerarms were slightly angled downwards.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46049

Thats a cool mount. Will keep in in mind.

Printed a 1:1 scale of the tower on paper and tested it for fitment earlier. I would like to have maximum travel on the suspension. At 94mm the arms sit quite flat. I would like to have the chassis higher and that means dropping the mount on the tower by 5mm odd. Will re draw and test again

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46054

To get the highest lift safely it seems like this might be the tower height needed. Will also be able to have some nice suspension droop I think.

Last edit: by HugoBiermann.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46057

Chassis built up and awaiting shock tower to be figured out. Amazingly there wasn't a lot of wear between the two parts donors.

All the bearings were replaced and the diff was packed to the brim with Castrol BMS.

Mocked up the truck with one of the bodies and fitted the motor and a battery to get the weight in. The stance as it is is perfect. I'm planning to run the CVA's with the soft springs. I want to see the articulation, LOL. Will just have to monitor the dog bones....

The pinion will also be replaced with a steel one.

The body mounts are a mess. The rear ones are missing and I'm using what I have to get the body on. its crude but it will work till I source a better plan or some oem's.

Standing to attention

Replaced the rear upper arms with rod to get the camber better. Will do the fronts too, I'm fresh out of rod ends a.t.m.

There is an issue with tire stock aparantly so I just fitted some of these 2.2's that were in the LHS's 'make me an offer' bin.

Will start with the best of the two bodies over the weekend. Matt black with silver pinstripe is the plan for now.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46058

:woohoo: it looks very nice. Congrats.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46059

Those Proland Badlands look ace.
If those are on sale and cheap get some more.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46062

Popping past them 2moro again. Will definatly see what else they have deeper in that bin.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46064

Got this far with the body:

Going to see about pin striping later on when I hopefully go and collect the CVA's
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46065

I love it.

Blackfoot Extreme for the woman. 6 years 6 months ago #46277

All done and driving.

Shock towers came out wonderfully. The CVA’s aren’t too happy with the heavy shell but made them work. Looks really cool running.

She’s very happy with it. And it’s big enough. Just need to work on the throttle skills...

Hugo
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, AndyAus, VCR

Last edit: by HugoBiermann.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.