Keyword

TOPIC:

Solar car random tech Brainstorming 10 years 3 weeks ago #28199

I'm finishing contact with a forum member to buy a SRC in "TLC needy" condition.

It's never assembled, but parts are missing, not to say price is good, as I can judge by pics he sent it misses RC equipment (no prob, have that), solar panels and capacitor/ meter

I got doubt, if someone can say what's on capacitor PCB, from some web lousy pics, I believe the PCB has just capacitors in ¿Series, Parallel? and the meter must be just a voltmeter connected in parallel, theoretically reacting to voltage from panels.

I read that the ESC and radio parts are out of the mill tamtech gear, that imply I can use a TAMTECH ESC? I already have standard 27AM receiver and servo, can use those?

What I have clear already:

Solar Panels: I know ones working well from ebay, 6v 200mA each the footprint of a credit card, also know the SCR originally ran off a 7.5v 800mA setup, putting four of my panels in parallel I have 6v 800mA, the problem relies on the missing 1.5v were I plan to use 0.5v x 3 in series in parallel sets to sum up 800mA, if all this doesn't fit I'll opt to use a step down plus additional 6v boards to make a 12V setup, reduced to 7.5v and then entering the capacitor drive (or board, dunno what one is from the BTTF delorean).

BTW as soon I get the model, I'l keep up this building topic.

I know all this doubts are stuff I can figure out by miself, but I'm just nervouscited... :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28200

Cool! A Solar Eagle!
I have no idea about the electronics in a solar powered vehicle, but please keep us updated as you progress!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28202

I am quite oblivious when it comes to the electronics as well. Not sure about what you mean with the capacitor question.
But I do have an exploded view of the vehicle here in case that is of any interest...

:y:

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28203

Any info I can get would come mighty handy, but what would be peachy. is good pictures of:

Capacitor board. (component side and below, solder side) (would need to reverse engineer it)

Part equivalences (I would need uprights and gears, dunno if I can use TA01 uprights, I already have some, so I can try it once I got the car) The gears, the hard part would be finding the rear axle, so I'll likely mcGyver it with a screw, some glue and any "adequate" gear I got my mitts on, on that gear would hinge the pinion gear I would put, luckily engine mount allows some wiggle room.

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28209

I see the manual is readily available so hope you don't mind I'm not rushing to scan the exploded view. ;)

Fan of mcGyvery builds. :)

That reminds me... where would eddrick be?

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28215

Found some stuff, apparently I could use Tamiya Fighter Buggy/Mad Fighter/DT02 uprights (readily available) also for rear axle, I deduced I can just use a steel screw, with some creativity here and there (already have enough random cogs co gag a calf), some glue, most easy for me to it and then post pics than describe it.

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28220

Good evening, here are some pics of my SRC. Hope it has some use for you.
Cheers, Bram

Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936
The following user(s) Liked this: Dash_Crash

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28221

Thanks bram, hey, the servo/receiver/ESC are specific? I mean I'll use out of the mill servo and a tamiya receiver (the one bundled on XB's) but I want to get for it a tamtech ESC. My doubt is if the power use of standard radio equippment is less eficient, or requires more power... Luckily solar panel tech did become better on late years and I'l put a setup of 1600mA instead of the 800 of the original cells...

Also, because this car is unlikely to roll over, I suppose I can use enamel paint for the undercowl (heck, I have a f40 painted 22 years ago with official rosso corsa paint from ferrari, and it's still holding like first day)

Don't understand why tamiya released the kit with the body painted but not the undercowl...

EDIT: some findings:

Obviously it's impossible to find info about wheel size on this car, but found some pics taken over a grid board with 1cm squares, and there was a pic of a tire, so I can measure wheel diameter a 5CM, with that I seen the spur gear is the same size of a TA-01 spur gear, part I already have and gonna use. Also I found the bevel gear side of a TA01 spur gear can house a standard 1150 Ball Bearing, and I can also use a standard hex screw and nut to act as rear axle, for the other part (motor pinion) it's readily available. (also I found what is readily available are bags with tamtech spur plus pinions, making unneeded to use a TA01 spur.

Also I'm pondering using a 340 Motor (after the prospect of dubbing panel output) Could the frame tolerate power increase? How much time can it run just on capacitor power?

Last edit: by Dash_Crash. Reason: not doubleposting

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28226

:laugh: Nice,
You have a CPR unit from a tamtech with a bigger motor :y:

Almost have a Tamiya SRC-6000 Liberal resto 10 years 3 weeks ago #28228

Thanks, but the CPR seem to be hog mad expensive (jeez, the whole SRC costs me as much)and having both Receiver and servo I just need an ESC for driving small (2XX class) motors Exists?

answered myself, how about this? www.ebay.es/itm...2c7fc192ff.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.