Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 10 months ago #10522

HI!... Well I just picked up a Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo. Definitely needs a restoration. I'd say 95% of the original parts are there. Body is in pretty good shape but old and fragile. I'll be picking up a new one from TBG. The original owner gave me extra parts with it as well including a rarely used chassis plate and rear diff gears. So I'll basically be doing a clean up on it and the whitening process on all the white plastic parts. It really needs a new front bumper. The one that's on there currently is in very bad shape and has been repaired a bunch of times. No luck so far for that on Ebay.

So here's a few pics :

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #16535

HI!... Well some goodies showed up for the Renault 5 Turbo today. :y: A vintage original driver and a repo body from TBG. I think TBG is now using thicker polycarbonate. I just got 3 bodies from them and their all really thick. I like! :woohoo:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #16926

HI!... Well I got the new body cut out and started tearing the Renault 5 Turbo down for restoration. Just waiting on some servo's and Well nuts to show up. While I'm waiting all the yellowed white plastic parts are going through the whitening process. I still need to find a driver's stay, original decals, and a front bumper to complete the restoration. So if anyone's got a line on one, LMK!!!! :woohoo:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #17043

:blink:
HP, where do you find all these treasures???

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #17067

:blink:
HP, where do you find all these treasures???

HI!... Here, there, and everywhere........ :laugh:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #17068

:evil:
I knew that you lived on a vintage tamiya nest. gna gna gnahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :silly:

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 4 months ago #17075

HI!... Actually I spend a ton of time on E-BAY and KIJIJI looking for RC stuff. Plus a lot of people I know, know I'm into vintage RC, so they keep an eye out for me. I also know a few guys that are collectors and when they decide to thin the heard they contact me 1st. :)

Re: Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 3 months ago #17088

;) Nice contacts web and a very pretty collection. RESPECT :y:

Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 3 months ago #17704

HI!... Well after totally disassembling the Renault 5 turbo. I started to put her back together tonight. It's got 3 NIP well nuts. The originals were all dry rotted. I chemically cleaned the aluminum pieces and polished up the rear motor mount and receiver pack tray. All the small brass pieces also got polished. All the white plastic went through the whitening process. I picked up a vintage Tamiya 6 Volt hard pack battery for it. I still have to install some servos. (I got 8 NIB one's on the way). I got to find a black front bumper still, and some decals for the body. I managed to find a NIP driver's support. It should be in soon.

Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo "1981" 11 years 3 months ago #17721

great looking r5 turbo!
3 Old Tamiya's

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.