Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 3 months ago #17493

HI!... Well I just picked this one up off of Ebay a bit ago. The body set is NIB. The chassis is used but in very good condition with very minimal scratches. I just ordered a set of NIB rear wheels/tires. Still need to find a front set. This one needs quite a bit of parts to restore. The electronics tray is going to be really hard to find, plus a front bumper. I started on the body last night. Got it painted in a nice bright high gloss white. Just started to paint the engine compartment flat black. Still need to get some blue paint.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 3 months ago #17578

HI!... Well I decided to start painting the Honda F-2 body. Here's a few pics of what I got done so far.

Re: Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 3 months ago #17582

HI!... Well got some more painting done tonight. I also decided to polished up the brass bits. Turned out pretty good. Also found a NIP spur gear. :y:

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 3 months ago #17657

HI!... Well I finally got the Honda F-2 body complete. Now I got to start on the chassis. I also picked up a set of NIB rear wheels/tires for it.

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 3 months ago #17717

HI!... So pissed right now!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: So I got the HONDA F2 body completely done. The whole time I was painting it I had all the HONDA F2 chassis parts going through the whitening process. So all the parts are clean and I start building the chassis tonight when I find out that the chassis is not a HONDA F2 chassis. It's about 3 inches to short on the wheelbase. I don't know what chassis it is? Never seen one like it before. It's very close to the HONDA F2 chassis but has a lot shorter wheels base. So I already contacted the guy who sold it to me on EBAY stating the he didn't sell me what was advertised. But I guess I will not get a response. So if anyone knows of a really good condition chassis plate that I can buy, please LMK ASAP! I need to get this thing done.

This is what the chassis plate is supposed to look like :

This is what I was sold, being told it was a HONDA F2 chassis. Everything else is correct. Just not the plate.

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 2 months ago #17818

HI!... So I managed to find a HONDA F2 chassis NIP. Should be here any day so I can start putting it together.

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 2 months ago #18037

HI!... So the NIP Honda F2 chassis has still not shown up. I contacted the seller and he contacted the U.S Postal service. Apparently the dummies lost it somewhere! :angry: :cry: :n: So the seller has another one NIP and will be sending it out Monday priority mail. :) :y:

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 2 months ago #18055

:y: Another amazing piece!!!
You would make a museum HP :)

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 2 months ago #18699

HI!... Well the Honda F2 chassis plate finally showed up on Friday. Only took a month to get here. :whistle: Anyway I got most of it put together. I have servo's, receiver, on/off switch and MSC for it. I just need to find the electronics tray. That one's going to be fun. If anyone has one and wants to sell it LMK. I also still need the rear wire bumper and steering rod.

Tamiya Honda F-2 "1982" 11 years 2 months ago #18731

B) respect...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.