Keyword

TOPIC:

56001 M4 Sherman 7 months 1 week ago #76675

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Cheers Andy, I think this is my biggest Tamiya challenge to date. The thing is over 40 years old and they didn’t make spares for this as far as I’m aware.
Luckily they re-used the moulds for the re-releases so getting the plastic body parts and wheels isn’t a big problem.
My big challenge is going to be getting this think running again !!!!
Which I’m determined to do.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, mirrorman, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

56001 M4 Sherman 7 months 8 hours ago #76722

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I picked up these parts trees for when I restore the body.
I also picked up some degreaser and I’m currently trying to clean up the wheels.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, GToddC5

56001 M4 Sherman 3 months 4 weeks ago #77389

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

The clean up has begun. Here are all the metal parts that make up the axles, suspension and the front sprockets.
It’s all cleaned up pretty well so far and I will look to attach most of this onto the hull and then put some paint down. Luckily everything is olive drab except for a few small details on the hull parts.
The main issue as far as I’m concerned is the gear box. I’m tempted to try and see if it’s possible to re-engineer it from what I’ve got back to what the PO possibly did. Yeah I think that’s either optimistic or wishful thinking ?????
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

56001 M4 Sherman 3 months 4 weeks ago #77390

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

New fixings for the Sherman. I’m going to re-use as many original ones as possible, but as I needed some screws to hold in the motors, I bought spares for some of the others just in case.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.