Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77135

As you may know by now, I also has a second Monster Beetle that I had for years. Must be at least 15 years

This needs a full rebuild as there is rusted screws, gooie diff action, shocks solid and body is non boxart color, nor decals. Body is also missing one of the headlighs as well.

And here it is.

Missing headlight as well the spotlighs, the latter I do have in my parts bin.

Sand color light bezels is a bit strange...

Bodyless..

Motor wires is easy fix

Wrong resistor cage I belive..

This was a nice suprise! Kyosho Mega motor.

Very rusted screws!
[/URL]

Both driveshaft boots is present. Feels a bit hard. Hope I can make them a bit softer.

Receiver is also nice to have as this came without transmitter. I have loads of Attack R ones to choose from so that will not be a problem 

Underside better than expected..

And as usual, no spikes left. I do have a set of Blackfoot tires I can use as substitute.

Think this will clean up nice.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77138

Very nice mb Richard and the chassis looks to be complete.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77141

Yep, wrong MSC and missing the servo horn brace.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77142

It's a falcon or kingcab msc

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77143

Looks like someone drove that one at the beach quite a bit. I had a K Blackfoot the same way and it restored great!

Nice complete car to start with!

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77145

Yep, wrong MSC and missing the servo horn brace.

I'm tempted to say that the MSC is the correct one, the only thing i have spotted is that the wire color for the resistor don't match. As far as i remember, they should be violet and blue and not orange as yours.
The resistor cover is def. not the right one.

But that's a nice basis to start your restoration. Keep us posted
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77146

Flo,
The King Cab has the same MSC as the Porsche 959 and Celica GrB with the small wire on top..
On the other hand, i never saw an original Tamiya MSC with orange coloured resistor wires. The Falcon also has violet ones 
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77148

Looks like someone drove that one at the beach quite a bit. I had a K Blackfoot the same way and it restored great!

Nice complete car to start with!

If I remember correct I collected this from a damp concrete garage not far from Oslo.
Outside there was a sorta sand road.
I suspect the drove the car outside the garage and put it in the damp garage for a long time.
Non of the other screw is rusted so it might have been condense collecting on top of those MSC and servo screws.

But I could be wrong...
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77153

Flo,
The King Cab has the same MSC as the Porsche 959 and Celica GrB with the small wire on top..
On the other hand, i never saw an original Tamiya MSC with orange coloured resistor wires. The Falcon also has violet ones 

Respectfully, I believe you're incorrect. The Falcon wires are very long, and are indeed orange and white.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Richard's vintage Monster Beetle rebuild #2 Not again! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77155

Yep really orange and white on my falcon and I'm sure it is the original one.
And same on the kc wires are orange and white.
the msc on the falcon is the black with a cuted corner 
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.