Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 13 years 2 months ago #584

HI!... This one might not need too much to restore it to original condition. But still going to tear it down, clean it and go through it.Over all it's in pretty good condition. I'll be replacing the body and the tires, but besides that it just needs to be gone through and cleaned. I never realized that the HOTSHOT's used so many BIGWIG parts or vise versa. :mrgreen:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 13 years 2 months ago #585

HI!... Got the new body, and cut her out. Painting it soon.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 13 years 2 months ago #590

The body looks promising.
Team Blue Grove makes good repros.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 13 years 2 months ago #599

HI!... Got the HOTSHOT II body painted up today. Still waiting on decals.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 13 years 2 months ago #618

HI!... Got the body mounted tonight. I need to find a steel access plate so I can mount the body clip tower. The previous owner did not supply it when I bought it. If anyone has one, let me know. :mrgreen:

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 11 years 5 months ago #15919

Well I finally got around to putting the decals on the body/wing. Also got wires soldered onto the motor. Was cleaning up my RC shop and found a NIP set of HOTSHOT/II wheels! NICE! LOL! This car still needs a full restoration. I just ordered a new chassis, electronics box, and roll bars for it. The gearbox cases seem to be o.k, but all the front/rear "A" arms need to be replaced.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 11 years 4 months ago #17121

HI!... Well I think I got enough new HOTSHOT II parts gathered up now to actually start the restoration process. lol! :P

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 11 years 4 months ago #17492

HI!...
Well I started tearing into this on the weekend. Got a ton of new parts for it.

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 11 years 4 months ago #17563

:) Hey HP.
I'm looking for 4 wheeles 3 points wheeles adaptators in used condition. Only to mount my alloy rims on my manta ray. If you know where I can buy them for a low price... :) :) :) ???

Re: Tamiya "HOTSHOT II" (1987) 11 years 4 months ago #17579

HI!... Well got quite a bit done on the HOTSHOT II. I still need to buy some new rear tires and try to find a NIP underguard. That's going to be fun. :n: Just waiting on the MSC aluminum mount to get here so I can install the new MSC/servo.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds