Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 13 years 2 months ago #619

HI!... I have a tone of NIP Tamiya "BIGWIG" parts laying around so I decided to put one together the way it would of come out of the box back in 1986. I'll post more pics as I dig parts out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 13 years 2 months ago #620

HI!... Well I got 85% of the "BIGWIG" put together. Still need a few parts. Still looking for a battery hold down/chassis stiffener, NIP moon craft wheels and a original MSC.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 13 years 2 months ago #629

This looks nice! Very tidy and clean restoration.
The battery door/chassis stiffener may be hard to find, so good luck in the hunt!.

Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 13 years 2 months ago #631

HI!... I found one. Didn't know I had one. :lol:

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #1067

HI!... So I got bored and decided to work on the BIGWIG today. I ended up buying a new battery door, got new steering cups, and front bumper. Now all I need is a period correct mechanical speed controller and a set of NIP "MOON CRAFT wheels. The tires are easy to find due to the re-release Boomerang uses the same tires. Teambluegroove reproduces the BIGWIG body so that's not a problem.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #1068

HI!... Well I found some old BIGWIG wheels and tires. The wheels were dyed black due to there rough condition. I still need to fine some NIP ones. While looking for these wheels I found a bunch of BIGWIG stuff I didn't know I had. lol! Enough so that I almost built another one. I need to rebuild it's shocks still, but basically just need bearings and the thin steel plates that hold the ball joints in, and of coarse another set of wheels/tires.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #1083

HI!... Well looking through some RC stuff, I found the upper/lower ball joint plates. I also found another BIGWIG clear body that hadn't been cut out yet. :lol: Even found two complete sets of the BIGWIG mudflaps that stick on the underside of the body. Just need to get 8 wheel bearings so I can put the rest of it together.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #1084

Wow, some kind of parts bins you have! :laugh:
I am pretty sure I cant find a complete Bigwig in parts anywere in my house... :dry:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #1088

HI!... Ya the funny thing is that I actually still have a ton of parts for the BIGWIG. If I can find 3 more chassis's and bumpers I can actually build 3 more. lol! But as of right now I have 3 BIGWIG's. 2 all original ones and my custom aluminum chassis one.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya "BIGWIG" rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2945

Seems good... :-)

What about selling me one, atleast parts enough for one to a good price...?

That would be cool...

Zlimmy

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.