Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 5 months ago #15902

HI!... "GINGERSPICE" If your still looking for decals, give these guys a try. They make very high quality reproduction decal sheets.

pandagfx.com/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 5 months ago #15903

HI!... Well got the body/wing painted and decaled. Also got the driver painted up. I added custom window netting. Don't really like the very thin stuff that comes normally on the car. Also rebuilt the motor, it was very rough (dirty) and soldered some wires on it. I just bought a NIP MSC for it and it's aluminum mounting bracket. They should be here next week. I found some new MSC resistors I didn't even know I had. lol! Also installed a new ON/OFF switch. Just need to get resistor covers and the resistor mounting plates.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 5 months ago #15939

Thanks for the link :)

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 5 months ago #15940

Don't get your hopes up too high. I ordered there one time some decal sheets, yeah they send you two for the price of one but mine were so bad quality i didn't dare use them... :(

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 5 months ago #15948

With those prices they can afford to do two for one... :whistle:

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 4 months ago #16456

HI!... Well got a bit more work done on the Supershot this weekend. My NIP MSC finally came in. Got it all mounted up and the wiring done. I ordered two NIP resistor covers. They should be here this weekend coming up. Still no luck finding NIP resistor mounts though. I have a single used one coming in the mail from a guy on LondonRC who donated to my restoration. :y:

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 3 months ago #17079

HI!... Well one of my donated Supershot resistor mounting plates showed up in the mail the other day. I put it through the whitening process. The other donated one should be here any day.

Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 2 months ago #19068

HI!... WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I finally got my hands on two NIP Supershot resister mounting plates. :) Now I can finally finish my Supershot restoration. :y:

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 1 month ago #19072

awesome, that's the way she deserves to look....glad to see you're done!!...and glad to see she found a good home.

Re: Tamiya Supershot "1986" 11 years 1 month ago #19075

HI!... "GINGERSPICE" If your still looking for decals, give these guys a try. They make very high quality reproduction decal sheets.
pandagfx.com/

Hm, I admit I don't know much about the whole repro drama, but I do wonder how they are still allowed to sell these items. Isn't Tamiya cracking down on this?

Also, just my 2 cents here... B)
But I would never pay $33 for repro decals, when you can buy genuine originals for $60 or so on eBay. It may be $30 more, but if you're going to the expense of restoring a vintage original car, why pull up 1 metre before the finishing line after running a marathon? Stop eating takeaway pizza for 1 week, save your cash, and buy the genuine original article.

And for that matter, has anyone seen the price that original Supershot kits go for these days?
A few years ago it was $1000.

Now, the price has collapsed to less than 50% of that. Last year I spoke about this exact topic on another forum, after picking up a NIB Supershot in the US for barely more than $400, and I was wondering why people were wetting themselves over re-releases. Most people said I just got lucky, or said the $100 or so extra "was enough to justify buying a re-release".

I guess this person a few weeks ago just got lucky too...

Anyway, rant over :) It only means more vintage kits for me if nobody else wants them :P

H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.