Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67881

I really like the detail.  The aluminum tape on the roof rail is particularly nice.  How did you get it to fit so precisely?

Guesswork :D  I cut off about a 35cm (1') length of tape, then used a new scalpel blade to cut off two approx. 2.5mm (3/32") strips, then tried to put the centre of those on the outside of the rail, then bent the excess over top & bottom with a cotton bud (q-tip) :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67882

I love it. Congrats Jonny.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67886

Brilliant way of doing the chrome strip JR 

Turned out fantastic.

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67887

Lovely work Jonny, it fits perfect and looks fantastic. Worth the time and effort for all the little details..

@Flo, I have a load of Auto Air so I may have a go on one of the old Hornet bodies if I can get the old paint off.  I heard that the original createx colours  (meant for textiles) was really good for lexan as its flexible but I shall certainly have a go with my Auto Air
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67893

Awesome as usual Johnny. Love the scale look with that body!

Can't wait for Season 4!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 8 months ago #67901

I haven't finished watching season 2 yet
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.