Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 10 months ago #71762

A bit late about this...

Due to the fact I wanted to use white as background on the bodyshell, I decided to use liquid mask

I have 2 hobby knifes designed to be used with the index, I will try those for this (my wife had those for scrapbooking, found the idea being good, and decided to try).

I layed out my cutting plan on the shell using a black marker. Maybe I should have used a thinner one, as it was not really easy to spot the mistake during the cut or during the paintjob (no pictures, sorry).

Started by some translucent purple at the bottom and at the top. The plan changed slightly when I started to remove the mask for next layer : while my cut was proper, I probably waited too much for each layer to be dry before applying next one, and as a result it did not peel in one layer, but 3, making it slightly more difficult than plan. As a result, I made some mistake and readapted my plan, rather than stripes of light and darker blue, it will turn in fading blues...

I was not really happy with my paintjob (symmetry issues, some stuff that I did not see, and some areas where the liquid mask was not in proper adhesion with the bodyshell, probably because I did mistake while removing the previous area... Decided to use some tricks. Black lining first.

Then some vinyls to hide the poor job I made on the shark tails and some addition on the front wheel extends (to hide some small issues I was not happy with...

Added some chrome on the driver figure visor...

I'm still not happy with my paintjob, but that will do it. I still need to add the leds, some sponsor and numbers...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 10 months ago #71763

I like it

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 10 months ago #71766

Vey cool design, Maybe just mask and spray the Black trim lines on the outside of the body? :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 10 months ago #71767

Thanks Andy for the idea, but ultimately this body shell will be use to run so it is fine. I have already some ideas for a second one, but it may be a different basis  (kyosho plasma repro from tbg, may be) 

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 4 days ago #75135

My son likes my Fantom... During one day at the club, he finished to damage the bodyshell... That was in September... Last time I ordered some bodyshells to TBG for multiple projetc I took a Plazma Alfa Romeo bodyshell, as it should be fine for the Fantom... It's here since quite a long time already. I've not done anything yet, but I need to get the car ready for teh Vintage events of the year... Specially considering that in May, June and early July, each time there will be both offroad and onroad tracks...

I trimed the bodyshell after my day of work...

I actually prefer this bodyshell to the original Fantom one... I need to define what I do with the decoration... Maybe like my Alfa Romeo GTA based on M06 chassis, or something totally different... But this time the idea is to keep it very simple... We'll see soon :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 1 day ago #75149

Initially, I planed to go fetch spray cans tonight, but tonight is long week-end, and that means there will be a lot of trafic on the highway heading to Alps, which is one of the surest way to spend 2 hours driving instead of usually 1 hour... I decided to do with what I had remainin in the spray cans (and there is quite a few empty ones now)...

Here is the livery of my Fantom for the vintage events this year

I still need to prepare the leds for this car... And to reprint the front bumper/leds holder in TPU and perhaps with extended light buckets... But at least no nee for paint anymore...
Numbers and few sponsors maybe...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Kyosho 30635 - Fantom EP-4WD 1 year 1 day ago #75151

There is at least one of the Vintage events (if not two) this year where there will be night runs on both offroad and onroad... I need some of the cars to be ready in this extend...

I've modified the front Led holder I designed for the Fantom to suit the new bodyshell, printed in TPU and installed leds (not the definitive set, as ths one as too many leds on it).

The front one is also working as bumper, so it will reduce risks to damage the bodyshell...

Ad here is the result with the bodyshell...

The lightning of the driver helmet is totally unexpected and due to the one too many leds in the led set... But I may keep the idea for fun :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, EddyCH

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.