Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73140

It's awesome. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73145

Yesterday, I also modeled the number plate and their support

This morning, I decided to deal with my last key part to model (all other parts missing in the assembly have a existant occurrence in one of the models, being the Bearcat SS or one of the 44B, shocks put aside): the pulley belt cover.

I have one new and one slightly damaged, and the parts assembly fusion 360 as reference.

First I set everything I need into one single file, and set one single sketch to define the key elements.

Then, there was two possibilities : 

THere might be few details still to deal with here, but it may look like this at the end...

Or with the tie rod sock (targeted for rubber resin print - 1mm thickness)...

I made it the pulley belt cover1.5mm thick, so I could consider a proper printing (transparent resin maybe a possibility). Ultimately, it would look like this, with the upper part taking over the gearbox to make it as close as possible...

Need to deal with the shocks... I'm missing few informations to be able to complete them :
If you have samples and could do the measure, it would be helpfull...

I'll take 2 of the gear covers please :) 

What measurements do you need?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, silvertriple

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73146

Andy, you will have to wait this is finalised, actually :-). Once done, you may get the stl files to be able to print them :-).
To complete the Zerda model, I would need the shock bodies lengths for front and rear (while opened, the caps are  likely the same as the 44B ones), and the piston total length for front and rear, as mentioned in one of the previous posts :)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73166

I have now some nice shocks for my Zerda :-)

I put them on the car next. Apparently, It really needs a pivot ball... and Fusion 360 doesn't like my joints (I did a shortcut and did not put screws in, and apparently, it would need again something else than a revolute joint)... 

Not much an issue, this virtual car won't run, even vitually  :mrgreen: 

For the Zerda itself, the target is to get it running, but the idea is to rely on Kyosho legendary series shocks...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73172

I've been very quiet today... This is because I spent most of my time today in Fusion360...

First, I adjusted the walls of the 44B bath tub to get them lining up with the belt pulley cover... The fact is, it is really easier to mesure on the Zerda, as there is no différence between top and bottom distances. I was sure for the Zerda, but not so sure for the 44B. This is now lining up properly.

I included .5 recess where the holes need to be done to line up with my belt cover (I still need to do one minor check on the pulley belt cover and the front profile of the rear gearbox... I'll do this at some point when I can use the printer...

After this, I started something else. I have no body shells for the 44B, it is time to make at least one. I've decided to work out one simplified for the Hilux (I have not much hope to find one new or repro).

Started by the front

It is a bit brute, and it's not possible to do more than this with my method (relying on solid and shell), as the shell doesn't work when I apply fillets... That being said, I may use this to set a basis for a mould.

After a lot of work, I finally got something looking like a bodyshell...

And I can even put it on the chassis

I then took care of the accessories I have at hand

Then ther was the roll bar I did it based on proportions I saw on pictures...

At the end I applied esome materials property, and I had my bodyshell ready to put on the car.

And some pics to end this :

That was fun... The bodyshell at least allowed me to do this. I still have a part somewhere to model : it's the motor rubber cap. Looking at how complex the exercise to build such a bodyshell, I'm not sure I'll model the Rock'n City bodyshell (especially considering that I don't have it in hands)... Next ; print tests and rebuilds (no ideas about when)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73174

Test print n°1 : Rear gearbox side

I decided to print a section to validate what I was not 100% sure about...

The printed section matches with the real one (although the picture is misleading due to parallax issue)...

In terms of uncertainties, I did not have much ones. The rear gearbox profile was on one of them. The bath tubs and Zerda belt covers relies on it, as well as the pulley belt cover and it is not a question anymore. 
Test is passed. Next will be a test of the front gearboxes, again with the target to validate the last few % of uncertainties I still have...
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73175

Test 2
Front Gearbox for 44B

Again everything lines up perfectly. It's good feeling when everything matches. Test passed.

Test 3
Front Gearbox for Zerda

The front profile doesn't match exactly. I will have to find out the exact difference : it's really minimal and non fonctional difference (the front angle is not right).
I will reveiw this, but the result overally is not that bad.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73179

Yessss love that! Especially the body.  That's crazy.  Congrats Marc. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73222

Beside my own testing, I sent my stl files for the 44B-SWB to a friend who had a chassis without bath tub. He had quite hard time to invent one, and succeeded, but when I proposed him to do some test of my bath tub, he welcomed the idea...

Yesterday evening, he sent me some pictures...

I sent the file while I was not sure I would be able to validate the rear profile of the bath tub, and suggested he print a section of the bath tub to check the profile before going for the full print. He did so and reported while I succeed to restart my printer on Sunday morning. I had not much doubts on the rest of the bath tub, and only the rear profile was a small uncertainty.
I'm verry happy to say he is reporting a success :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 5 months ago #73226

I extracted some pics from the 44B-City ad to be able to do a canvas for a 44B-Baja body...

The form maybe complex, but I will try to do something

Let's see if we can form a bodyshell for this LWB chassis :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, blakbird, Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.